3. Mandating their own unique measuring system that literally no one else in the world* uses.
*OKOKOK two other countries (Burma and Liberia) also use the special metrication, but still, it makes conversion extremely annoying for the billions of people who were born and raised elsewhere.
4. Which makes everyday things like checking the weather that much more inconvenient.
To translate fahrenheit (used nowhere else) to celsius (used everywhere else), you multiply by 9, divide by 5, then add 32… or something.
I’m not tryna tie my brain in a knot. I just want to know if I can wear jorts today.
6. Creating its own lexicon and insisting the rest of the world is spelling their words wrong.
No, red squigglies, YOU’RE WRONG.
12. Having longer work days while having fewer vacation days.
The U.S. grants fewer vacation days than most of the other industrialized countries. To put it in perspective, the average employee in Italy gets over 40 days while the average American receives 13.
17. Overindulging and spoiling their pets like little humans.
19. And the most mystifying: holding a “World Series” that’s comprised almost entirely of American teams.
- President Trump announced a new office for victims of "immigration crime" and honored the widow of a Navy SEAL in his first big speech.
- Authorities said voice-masking technology called "spoofing" was used to call in bomb threats to Jewish centers and schools around the US.
- Twitter will start relying on algorithms to identify and restrict accounts for engaging in "abusive behavior" today.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳