1. Bantar Gebang Landfill, Indonesia
2. Ghazipur Landfill, India
3. Port-Au-Prince Landfill, Haiti
4. Waste Site at the Gaza Strip
5. Jardim Gramacho Landfill, Brazil
6. Shelford Landfill, U.K.
7. Great Pacific Garbage Patch, Pacific Ocean
Also known as the Pacific Trash Vortex, the giant "island" of trash floats somewhere between the U.S. West Coast and Hawaii. The majority of the waste is a collection of nonbiodegradable materials, like plastic, and marine debris that's been trapped and floating in a high-pressure area in the ocean.