Ellen Degeneres is working on a new comedy series for NBC, One Big Happy, that will feature a lesbian lead character.
Degeneres is set to serve as executive producer on the comedy alongside out writer Liz Feldman, who is behind the current CBS show 2 Broke Girls. The plot will follow the story of a gay woman and her straight male best friend. The two decide to have a baby, just as her friend falls in love and decides to get married.
No names are attached to the project, so maybe we can put forward a few suggestions:
4. Leading Lady: Kat Dennings
On 2 Broke Girls, Kat had some pretty obvious chemistry with her female co-star, so why not step it up a notch?
5. Leading Lady: Jenna Ushkowitz
6. Leading Lady: America Ferrera
Straight Best Friend: John Cho
Imaginary scene: Ferrera’s grandparents, who don’t know she is gay, come for a surprise visit. Cho helps cover as her fake boyfriend for one night.
Pair her with New Girl’s Jake Johnson and this is a done deal.
Imaginary scene: After getting in a fight with his fiancée, Johnson crashes on Caplan’s couch — unaware that she has a woman over.
Who would you pick for your own dream cast?
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 73 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish forces have launched an offensive to help Syrian rebels take the border town of Jarabulus from ISIS and keep it out of Kurdish hands.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York." He isn't.