Ellen Degeneres is working on a new comedy series for NBC, One Big Happy, that will feature a lesbian lead character.
Degeneres is set to serve as executive producer on the comedy alongside out writer Liz Feldman, who is behind the current CBS show 2 Broke Girls. The plot will follow the story of a gay woman and her straight male best friend. The two decide to have a baby, just as her friend falls in love and decides to get married.
No names are attached to the project, so maybe we can put forward a few suggestions:
4. Leading Lady: Kat Dennings
On 2 Broke Girls, Kat had some pretty obvious chemistry with her female co-star, so why not step it up a notch?
5. Leading Lady: Jenna Ushkowitz
6. Leading Lady: America Ferrera
Straight Best Friend: John Cho
Imaginary scene: Ferrera’s grandparents, who don’t know she is gay, come for a surprise visit. Cho helps cover as her fake boyfriend for one night.
Pair her with New Girl’s Jake Johnson and this is a done deal.
Imaginary scene: After getting in a fight with his fiancée, Johnson crashes on Caplan’s couch — unaware that she has a woman over.
Who would you pick for your own dream cast?
- Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico turned violent Tuesday night as demonstrators threw rocks and bottles at police officers.
- The Afghan Taliban has picked an extremist scholar as its successor to leader Mullah Mansour, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike last week.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.