Not to blow your mind or anything, but maps have been deceiving us for years.
1. For instance, look at how huge Greenland is:
But when you bring it down to the lower latitudes next to Japan...
2. Russia is also smaller than you might think.
But when China overlaps Russia...
3. Take a look at Indonesia:
It's roughly the size of Europe when you move it away from the lower latitudes:
4. There's obviously a huge difference between Canada and Australia, right?
Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration.
5. Of course, India is smaller than Antarctica, right? Everything is smaller than Antarctica!
Actually, they're more comparable than you thought!
6. And you've probably always assumes that Alaska and Brazil were about the same size, right?
Thumbnail images: Isabeltp / Getty Images
This post was translated from Japanese.