25 Cool Products On Amazon Launchpad That You Didn’t Know Existed
Including mini BB-8 robots, infinity travel pillows, quick-on-the-tongue games, and 22 other products you should check out right now.
Launchpad is a section on Amazon featuring cool tech gadgets, interesting new types of foods and drinks, and other innovative products created by startups. Here are some of the awesome things you can find there right now:
1. A cozy, versatile bamboo infinity pillow you can use while traveling or for countless other purposes, including a desk rest, back rest, eye mask, or window rest.
If finding your perfect nap position isn't your top priority, I don't know what you're doing with your life.
Promising review: "I use this pillow on all my flights now. I've tried the inflatable across-the-body style too, but this is easier to pack into a carry-on bag or wear on the flight. My go-to airplane seat position is to hang it around my neck like a necklace, then gather the front and pull it tightly around one side of my waist (under my arm). My husband prefers to double-wrap around his neck and let his head fall forward a little, supported by the pillow in the front. The fabric is really soft and the whole pillow is machine-washable. Nothing is perfect for every single body, but this pillow comes close." —Erin R.
2. A rowdy, fast-paced game for people who can't sit through deliberate, strategy-driven games to save their lives.
3. Reusable, airtight silicone food bags that are totally safe to pop into the microwave, dishwasher, or even a pot of boiling water.
Available in two sizes and eight designs.
Promising review: "I don't know how I've lasted this long without these bags in my kitchen. The smaller ones are perfect for storing half-eaten avocados or half-cut limes/lemons. Produce has an extended life when kept in these bags, and I have great peace of mind knowing that I am using a reusable product rather than plastic baggies or cling wrap." —Bill
4. 100% naturally-caffeinated ground coffee to kick your ass, brain, and everything in between into high alert.
6. Discreet, safe-on-all-fabrics fashion tape that basically solves all of your wardrobe problems.
Like keeping your no-show shoe liners from slipping, eliminating gaps in button-down shirts, and of course, keeping bras and bra straps under control.
Promising review: "Used these for a wedding and I looked killer, if I may say so myself. I used a couple pieces to hold my bra against my skin, and then a couple more to hold my dress against my bra. They held everything in place and didn't irritate my skin!" —Biancat
7. A nifty, slim Tile Mate so you can avoid spending time and energy finding objects you're constantly losing track of.
Promising review: "For 25 years I have helped my husband look for his wallet. EVERY DAY. No matter what system I tried to introduce him to, like a basket on the counter just for his wallet, they were all dismal failures. I gave this Tile to him for Christmas, and it has been the best two months of my life." —Pamela Radcliffe
8. A travel-sized iron that's a godsend for small jobs or touch-ups that seriously don't require lugging out your regular iron and board.
Promising review: "I've had plenty of days where I get to work and find a stupid collar that keeps popping up. This iron powers up quickly and is back in the drawer within 15 minutes. The thing that cinched the deal was the fold-back feature. I needed to heat a veneer strip to the side of a credenza, and the folded-back iron glued it on better than any professional tool I could have rented." —E. Hansen
9. A mini BB-8 robot you can control with your phone to entertain kids, adults, and even curious pets for days.
Promising review: "I bought this for my Star Wars fanatic of a girlfriend and I couldn't have hit the nail on the head any better. She loves it and I swear she plays with it everyday. She has been using the force-band with it and has trained herself to "use the force" to control him." —Scott Syryla
10. The Renegade Broom has curved bristles (that you pull towards you) specially designed for sweeping away debris on uneven surfaces.
Promising review: "Does a great job of sweeping grass and dirt off of rough surfaces (like concrete) and smooth surfaces alike. Great ergonomics, and the extendable pole fits users of various heights. I prefer it to the traditional push broom, especially when sweeping next to something like stairs or the curb." —Average Joe
11. A smart water bottle that syncs with your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Amazon Alexa for easy hydration tracking and reminders.
Promising review: "My fiancée and I both got one and it turned the healthy habit of hydration into a game, much like Fitbit or other another health data tracker. Even though the app updates automatically (whether or not it's open on your phone), I always open the app after every sip just to watch it go up! Such a cool piece of technology, and I'm excited to see what they'll do in the future with app updates and the like." —Matt
12. A blowout brush set with detachable barrels for simultaneous, time-efficient drying and styling that costs a fraction of a salon visit.
13. Durable, machine-washable glass covers and vented lids for no-mess microwave heating that's safer and easier to use than a random dish or plastic wrap.
Promising review: "Lids are a safe alternative to using plastic wrap or wax paper when heating up food in the microwave. Tabs (on the vented lid) make it easy to remove without burning your fingers." —Ian Punn
15. Reusable, flexible silicone food sealers to extend the life of your precious groceries and half-eaten canned foods.
16. An ultra-slim wood case with a stretchy wallet band to save space so you can carry around only what you really need.
17. Insanely cozy sheepskin insoles to pad your feet so they feel like they're stepping on clouds with every step.
The dream of every over-walked foot.
Promising review: "I've bought three different versions of sheepskin soles for my winter boots, and I'd pick these over the other two (one of which was Uggs). I have very flat feet so I can't handle too much of an arch, but the cork arch on these is not too high for me. The soles fit well in my Bearpaw boots without them rolling up." —Suzanne Fisher
18. A shower head that alternates between real-time displays of water temperature and quantity used, so you ease up on the scalding-hot, wasteful showers.
Promising review: "Set up on this couldn't be any easier; all the components needed are provided. The water stream is excellent and provides terrific coverage and power. The indicators are large enough to read even when I'm in the shower without my contacts in. We live in the country and haul our water (to you city folks, we don't get water from a well or city pipes...we actually truck it in), so water is a valuable commodity. We are very conscientious of every drop of water used in our home and this little gadget is a wonderful tool to help our teenage daughter become more aware of how much water she's actually using. The indicator stays on for a while after the shower is over, so we can also check." —DeeDee Fox
19. A motion-activated, color-changeable toilet bowl light to help you see where you're going (and peeing) on late-night bathroom runs.
Without blinding yourself with the normal bathroom lights. You can program to just one color or have it rotate between eight colors, and there are also three dimming stages.
Promising review: "After a decade in the Deep South where the possibility of creepy crawlers in the bathroom (including in the toilet itself) was a real thing, it's taken me a long time to get to the point where I don't check the bowl before I sit down. With this IllumiBowl, gone are the middle of the night "I'm still sleeping but let me turn on the lights before I sit down" moments. It's super easy to set up and uses normal batteries. The level of lighting is effective but not annoying enough to actually wake you up, and it turns off after a minute or so as promised." —Katsolo
20. A snazzy light-up keyboard that syncs up with an app to guide you on what notes to play.
So you can become the piano maestro your parents always wanted you to be. Available in black or white.
Promising review: "A fantastic product for newbies like me. It was always hard for me to learn music instruments, since I barely know anything about rhythm or sheet music. But with this keyboard, I can even play Beethoven's Für Elise after practicing for only half a day, thanks to the app and light-up keys. There are plenty classic sheet music and free video lessons in the app. I will definitely keep learning." —Kelps
21. A super fun mushroom growing kit equipped with organic soil, mushroom spawn, and a spray mister for delicious 'shrooms in less than two weeks.
Promising review: "Great gift for a gardener of any age. I kept it in my kitchen and the mushrooms were ready to be used within two weeks. I marinated them in teriyaki sauce for a couple minutes and then sautéed them. I ate most on their own, and added the rest to the top of a burger." —K. Pinon
22. Julep It's Whipped Matte Lip Mousse applies like a dream and gives you saturated, all-day color that doesn't dry out your pout.
Available in 16 colors. Check out Julep's entire collection here!
Promising review: "Now Ooh La La is the color I'm talking about. It's very close to my natural lip color, but it just gives them that oomph my lips are missing. I'd normally put on a clear lip gloss, but now that I have this, I'm sold and just use this instead. It applies so smoothly and it doesn't even feel like anything's there after it dries. I normally never spend this kind of money on my makeup, but this was well worth it!" —Nikki W.
23. A colorful, smartly-designed board game that makes learning basic arithmetic and prime numbers fun and exciting for even the most math-despising kids.
24. Complete adult gummy vitamins packed with 13 essential nutrients (including Omega 3s) that are hard to consume a full day's worth of through food alone.
Itching for more? Check out the previous Amazon Launchpad roundup here!
The reviews used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.