12 Amazing Beauty Products You'll Wish You'd Known About Sooner
Tried, tested, and loved by BuzzFeed editors and writers!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Tsururi Pore Peeling Scrub might be dipping into black magic territory, but nonetheless gives you intensely satisfying results, aka rolled-up balls of dead skin!
✨ dead skin wizardry ✨
I’ve never used something so effective at making my face feel baby smooth. You apply it on your skin and seconds later you’re rubbing off these little balls of skin. I’ve been using it for like the past two years, and I can’t find a product that's anywhere near as effective as this. I don’t know how it works or if it’s some black magic that’s actually decreasing my lifespan, but at least my skin will look great on my dead body. —Jeff Barron
Get it from Amazon for $8.98.
2. Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner is one of those products you'll keep going back to, because it just nails the classic wing.
3. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask bubbles and fizzes excess oil away and leaves your skin feeling very tingly and clean — and who doesn't love a silly mask selfie?
4. Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 mattifies your makeup instantly and makes it last allllll day, trust — plus, who can resist a lovely rosemary scent? No. One.
5. Kevin Murphy Re.Store Repairing Cleansing Treatment harnesses the power of pineapple and papaya enzymes and green pea protein to put much-needed life back into your damaged strands in just a few minutes every week. And it does the job of both shampoo and conditioner *well*, meaning your hair feels soft and nourished afterwards, rather than squeaky and tangled.
6. Etude House Tint My Brows Gel is a henna-like product that gives you subtly fuller brows with little effort or skill required — and it'll last for a few days, depending on how often you use an oil-based cleanser. #lazygirlapproved
7. Winky Lux Whipped Cream Primer has a delightful moussey formula that applies like a ~fluffy~ dream for incredibly smooth and even foundation application that'll look flawless all day long.
8. Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream is a miracle product for unruly curls and helps them stay moisturized for literally days on end — chase that bounce!
9. Sephora Collection Precision Pore Cleansing Pads work just as well as — if not way better than — a Clarisonic, but for just $6 a pop! Say hello to gently exfoliated skin that'll feel like butterrrr post cleanse.
10. Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment is a magical green cream that turns to beige and ~actually~ follows through with its claims to make any redness disappear from sight — no more Rudolph nose!
12. ColourPop Pressed Powders Collection consists of 45 gorgeous, easy-to-apply, and cruelty-free shades that range from neutrals to bolds — plus, TONS of fun palettes that match every mood and occasion you could possibly conjure up.
I started with an eyeshadow primer all over my lids (the people at ColourPop said this was a must, but TBH, I didn’t even own a primer up until this). Then I applied Let Me Explain to the brow bone using a blending brush, followed by Wake Up Call to the crease using the same brush in a windshield wiper motion. After that was looking good, I put a little bit of Let Me Explain on the inner corner of my eye using a flat brush, and then I covered my lid with High Strung. This was my favorite out of the all the shadows because it was kinda sparkly without being too much. Once all of that was done, I took my fluffy brush and applied Popular Demand to the outer crease area. Then I added some Wake Up Call to the lower lash line, which was much harder than I thought it would be. I finished it all off with mascara, and BAM, for the first time probably ever in my life, I applied eyeshadow without looking like I had assistance from a 1-year-old.
The day I tried them out it was pouring rain, of course, so I was worried about how that might affect the life of the color. I also have what some might call a “greasy crease,” and I’m a face toucher, which I know is awful (I touch my own face! I don’t go up to randos on the street and just start picking at them — I’m not that much of a hot mess!). BUT despite all that, the shadows stayed on all day! I thought they looked good, and I didn’t seem to scare anyone on the subway. All in all, I’m gonna call this a win-win situation. —Elena Garcia
Haven't had enough beauty reviews? Check out all of our previous roundups here!
Some products were provided to BuzzFeed free of charge.