THIS ENTIRE POST CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.
1. Who the hell is Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow)?
He's fucking old so he must have been alive during Episodes IV–VI, but we've never met him before. Who is he? What was his role in the Resistance (and/or the Rebels)? What's his connection to the Jedi? How does he know Luke, and why would he be entrusted with a piece of the map to Luke's location? He clearly is important...but WHY?
2. Is there a connection between Luke, Rey, and Lor San Tekka?
It can't be a coincidence that Rey (who has Force powers) is located on the same planet as the guy who knows where Luke Skywalker is, right? What does this connection mean? Did Lor San Tekka know about Rey?
3. What is Finn's full backstory and did that have something to do with him having a drastic change of heart?
4. What's the deal with Captain Phasma?
5. Who are Rey's parents?
6. Where did Rey learn all those fighting skills?
7. Did Kylo Ren already know about Rey?
8. How did Kylo Ren come to acquire Vader's helmet?
9. Who — or WHAT — is Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis)?
10. What really went wrong with Kylo Ren?
11. How did Maz Kanata acquire Luke Skywalker's lightsaber?
12. What was the Force flashback and/or flash-forward that Rey experienced?
Rey has a pretty intense experience when she finds Luke's lightsaber — she sees Kylo with a gang of warriors, Luke touching R2-D2, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. Was this a flashback or a flash-forward? And what does it all MEAN for Rey?
13. How did Poe Dameron get off Jakku and make it back to the Resistance?
We get it, he's a hotshot. But when Finn found the crashed TIE fighter, there was no obvious indication Poe Dameron escaped. And we all heard Poe's short version of the story, but what actually happened to him between surviving the TIE fighter crash and flying in to save the day at Maz's castle halfway across the galaxy?