2. Speaking of TV, America makes cartoons grown-ups can enjoy.
See also: Family Guy, South Park, American Dad, King Of The Hill.
7. Plus, when you get a drink in America, it’s a generous measure, not a stingy one.
The Yanks just let the good times flow.
8. Magazines like these.
11. America produces proper pop stars.
Y’know, who can dance without falling over.
14. Yes America, there’s much to admire about you. Like your weed laws.
Many American states have or are debating adopting a far more progressive attitude towards marijuana use than exists in the UK - great news if you’re a moderate or medicinal user. Or, let’s face it, a total pot head. Learn more by reading this article in The Atlantic.
16. And your deep and abiding love of bacon.
Why the hell are we just using bacon for sandwiches like a bunch of idiots when we could be putting it in sweets, drinks, cosmetics and medical equipment?!
17. Which reminds us - breakfast! Americans give this meal the respect it deserves.
Obviously, the full English breakfast is the greatest breakfast in the world, and the American propensity to lace it with sugar is an act of unforgivable sacrilege.
On the other hand, if you do have a sweet tooth in the morning, where better to be than the country that invented the Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich, described variously as “the ultimate hangover breakfast”, “the new heroin,” and “basically, death”?
22. Some of those endless open roads would be good.
24. Not to mention cities that just sound cool.
Major American cities are so romantic, they get songs named after them. That just wouldn’t work in Britain.
No-one ever wrote a rock anthem about Hull.