34 Essential Kitchen Purchases You Need To Just Buy Already
Stop stallin' and start buyin.'
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A silicone safeguard for preventing hot oil or water spills and splashes from the pot. The lid has a steam-release vent and is made from silicone, so it's easy to grip when you need to sneak a peek or remove it entirely.
2. An Instant Pot that is truly, just honestly so essential to any kitchen. This thing does it all: pressure cook, slow cook, cook rice, steam, sauté...it even makes yogurt. And if that's a tad bit overwhelming, the free Instant Pot app has hundreds of free recipes for you to peruse. You got this!
3. A jar of Humble Suds' all-natural scour cleaning paste for taking on tough grease buildup on your stove top and in your oven without harsh chemicals. Thanks to a combination of castile soap and essential oils like sweet orange and lemongrass, not only does this do the job of removing grime, but it smells amazing, too! You won't get a headache after using this.
4. A two-stage knife sharpener so you don't have to try for hours to cut a single tomato with a dull knife. Simply swipe any non-serrated knife a few times and — boom! — the blades are like new.
5. An automatic, odor-absorbing, sensor-activated trash can made of fingerprint-proof stainless steel. The Iron Man of trash cans.
6. A drip catcher for soaking up water splashes and puddles that form around your kitchen faucet. Make sure you never have pools of still water (a breeding ground for bacteria!) around your faucet again.
7. A rapid egg cooker to cook up to six eggs any way you desire. Poached? You got it. Hard-boiled? Done. It can even make omelets. Simply select your number of eggs and set the timer. When it's done it'll automatically shut off.
8. An oscillating tower fan for kitchens that just get too dang hot. Unlike other fans, this one's really quiet, so you can just set it and forget it.
9. A digital food thermometer to make sure foods (especially meats) are at or above the exact temperature they need to be to be fully cooked. Because no one wants to spend two hours preparing dinner, only to slice open the finished product and see that it's not cooked to your liking.
10. Reusable towels for easy and earth-friendly clean up. Just wring them out before throwing them in the wash, and voilà! They're just like new (again and again).
11. A plastic produce storage container to help keep moisture away, which will prolong the life of the fruits or vegetables you keep in it.
12. A food storage set that includes eight 30-ounce containers with lids, perfect for meal prepping. The containers are glass, which means you won't get the food stains you often see with traditional plastic food storage containers.
13. A rice maker for making perfectly fluffy rice every time. Because of its petite size, it's the perfect small appliance for those with limited space.
14. A kitchen scale that'll convert between five units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml), so you won't mix up measurements ever again.
15. A cutlery brush for safely cleaning knives without worrying about cutting yourself or your sponge. The handgrip is textured so it won't slide around, and the design cleans both sides of the knife at the same time — a great time-saver.
16. A magnetized kitchen conversions chart that you can put on your fridge. Gone will be the days when you're scrambling to do the math for a measurement, all the while your food is starting to burn.
17. A two-sided tea organizer so you can stop using so much space with nearly empty tea boxes in your cupboard. You'll be amazed at how much space all those boxes were taking up.
18. A spice rack drawer organizer in a 10-foot roll that you can cut to size. The roll provides enough length to organize 30+ full-size spice bottles.
19. A can dispenser able to hold up to 36 cans of your favorite soups, sauces, veggies, and everything else. This super sturdy rack makes seeing and grabbing any can easy peasy.
20. A cabinet door organizer so your cutting boards and paper boxes (that hold aluminum foil, parchment, etc) have a home of their very own.
21. An easy-to-use blender that can chop, mix, blend, whip, grind, and more. And because of its tiny size, it's the perfect fit for single servings like a smoothie or cup of salsa.
22. Some food storage containers with airtight lids that are great for storing your nonperishables and making sure your pantry super organized.
23. Or a set of Oxo food storage containers if you want something with a little more pizzazz. Not only do they look great and make pantries so organized, but the airtight seal really does prolong the life of nonperishable items like pastas, flour, and chips.
Push down the button on the top to activate the airtight seal. To open, just push down again for the button to pop up. The lid also comes apart for easier cleaning.
Promising review: "Love the Oxo pop-top canisters! They seal well and open easily with a press to the pop-top. I have arthritis in my hands and these are fabulous and so easy to open, yet so secure when the lid is popped close. Also has a useful knob on the bottom of the lid so you can stick an Oxo scoop inside the container to the lid rather than down in whatever you are storing in the container." —Lori A. Fregin
Get a 10-piece set from Amazon for $104.95.
24. A bakeware rack you can use for a whole lot more than sheet trays and cupcake pans. Now whenever you need a lid it'll be right where it's supposed to be.
25. A scrap trap to make sure food prep doesn't result in a huge mess. Just chop up your ingredients and push the scraps into this lil' bucket.
26. A set of magnetic glass spice jars if you have a ton of spices but no where to store them. Not only will this product fix that problem, but it looks cool, too!
27. A silverware sorter that fits a full 24-piece cutlery set but takes up half the space of a traditional organizer, freeing up a ton of storage in your drawer that you never thought possible.
28. A container lid organizer to finally keep all your lids organized in one easily accessible way. Never again will you be sifting through a sea of lids trying to find the exact one you need to save your leftovers.
29. A multi-purpose basket that extends to fit whatever sink you're working with. Thanks to its drainage holes, you can use it for all types of cleaning tasks, from cleaning veggies and fruits to silverware and plates. It also collapses when not in use for easy storage.
30. A magnetic paper towel holder to put on your fridge so that you free up counter space. Trust me, you don't know how much countertop space your traditional paper towel holder is using until you try this magnetic one.
31. An eight-piece stackable glass bowl set, because prepping food can get dizzying if you aren't organized. These tiny but mighty bowls can hold chopped veggies or fruit, grains, leftovers, you name it.
32. A sandwich bag organizer to make sure you never have a drawer stuffed with loose plastic bags and bag boxes.
33. An extra-large silicone ice tray perfect for freezing large amounts of soup or broth for you to eat later. Each cube is the equivalent of one cup, so make a big pot of soup, sauce, or broth and then freeze it for later use.
Promising review: "This product is an absolute game changer for folks who cook in volume for food prep or just to store leftovers in an efficient, organized way! I saw these on a different site and definitely hesitated for a while due to the price. Finally sucked it up and ordered, couldn't be happier! I've made soups, enchilada sauce, chili, breakfast casserole, etc.! Great for portion sizing! My freezer is becoming much more organized, giving me more room! I've told everyone about these! Just love them!" —Deborah L. Hughes
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $36.99.
34. And a cabinet hammock to store your fruits and veggies in the cutest way possible.
Macra-YAY Macrame is a woman-owned small business based in Indianapolis, Indiana making macrame goods for the home.
Promising review: "I was so excited to clear off counter space by getting rid of my fruit bowl. The quality is great, thank you!" —Melinda Myrick