4. Shanell details her relief and surprise about what happened next in her very cute “Dear ‘Daddy’ in Seat 16C Flight 1850 From Philly”:
The moment you sat down, Kate started to rub your arm. Your jacket was soft and she liked the feel of it. You smiled at her and she said: “Hi, Daddy, that’s my mom.” Then she had you.
You could have shifted uncomfortably in your seat. You could have ignored her. You could have given me that ‘smile’ that I despise because it means; ‘manage your child please.’ You did none of that. You engaged Kate in conversation and you asked her questions about her turtles. She could never really answer your questions but she was so enamored by you that she keep eye contact and joint attention on the items you were asking her about. I watched and smiled. I made a few polite offers to distract her, but you would have none of it.
Kate: (Upon noticing you had an IPad) Is dis Daddy’s puduter?
9. Shanell told BuzzFeed:
If you engage us, just like you would any other parent. If Kate’s talking to you because she thinks you’re cool or she likes your sneakers, she touches them, she likes them, thinks they’re cool. I mean, she’s a funny nice kid. She’ll give you a hug and just say ‘Hey, how you doing Kate?’ She doesn’t really know what you’re saying, she’ll get confused and maybe talk about Ninja Turtles because that’s her thing, but just go with it. I wish people would just be more free with it.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," Alameda Sgt. Ray Kelly said Friday afternoon.
- Obama's student loan forgiveness efforts will likely cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars more than expected 👀💵
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a women decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄