3. Tom DeLonge believes in aliens and his favorite Blink-182 song, “Aliens Exist,” is about, well, the existence of aliens.
“He reads a lot about it, he does a lot of studying on the internet, I know he’s gone out to Area 51 to try and see UFOs. And he believes that they’re there.” — Mark Hoppus
6. The song “Josie” was named after a neighbor’s dog.
9. Travis’ stage name in The Aquabats was Baron Von Tito.
12. The distinctive riff of “Dammit” was created when Hoppus was forced to skip over the missing two strings on an acoustic guitar.
17. Mark, Tom, and Travis (and a monkey) all have a cameo in the first “American Pie” movie.
24. When MCA Records executives came to hear new material while they were recording “Take Off Your Pants and Jacket,” the band only played these two gag songs:
The record company executives were terrified.
26. The opening of “Asthenia” uses real NASA transmissions from the Apollo 9 space flight.
28. The band announced this week that they’re releasing a Christmas album next month. They’ve done two Christmas songs before.
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩