1. Lilly and Leon Mackie had accumulated a lot of cardboard boxes (plus a new baby, Orson) after moving from New Zealand to Sydney, Australia.
2. Instead of trashing the boxes, they decided to use them for Cardboard Box Office, where they re-create famous movies scenes in the cutest way possible: starring Orson, of course.
5. Lilly told BuzzFeed the first picture they shot was “The Life Domestic,” aka The Life Aquatic, and people instantly wanted more. “We wanted to depict our messy and sleep-deprived new life of raising a baby,” she said.
6. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
7. Star Wars
9. Whoever isn’t in the photo will shoot it, and they’ll use a timer if all three are in it, which Lilly said can prove to be a challenge.
“For Apollo 13, Leon had to set the five-second timer, run around the cardboard space capsule, grab my legs, and pull me into a headstand position, before quickly getting himself into position,” she said. “We had to do this about six or seven times. … We’re avoiding any more space ones for the time being.”
10. Apollo 13
11. Die Hard
12. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
13. The Dark Knight
14. As for their dream movies, Lilly said she wants to do anything John Hughes, adding, “Leon’s trying to find a way to sugarcoat a Scorsese flick. I think it’s Goodfellas.”
15. Home Alone
16. Jurassic Park
17. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
18. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲