Alright, so anybody that holds a conversation with me for more than five minutes knows that Wynonna Earp is my favorite TV show of all time.
And while I love talking about this show more than anything, one of my favorite aspects of being a fan is the fandom that this show includes.
So, I decided to ask some fans why the show is so important to them. Here are just a few of their inspiring stories:
1. "This show has made me believe in love, that true kindness still exists, and that my family is not necessarily blood...Wynonna Earp saved my life."
2. "For the first time in my life, I can truly relate to on-screen characters. Seeing Waverly and Nicole's relationship develop has made me proud to be a member of this community."
3. "It created a safe space for me as a queer trans man and it helped me feel more included as a deaf person. The show gave me a sense of belonging."
4. "I've gained so many friends from watching this show. I now have a community of badass, strong, independent individuals that breed kindness and inclusivity."
5. "It's shown me that being vulnerable doesn't make you less of a badass, it makes you more of a badass."
6. "I started watching after my mom died last year. Watching Wynonna fight her demons with humor helped me realize I can take on anything."
7. "I've had three heart attacks and the fandom raised money to help with expenses. I've never met a more welcoming group of people."
8. "I love how Waverly and Nicole's relationship is central to the series and how everyone is accepting of them. It's incredibly rare to see that."
9. "Wynonna Earp helped me come out to my religious family and helped me be more confident in being just who I am. This show brought me everything."
10. "I was never really comfortable with who I was, but at a convention I heard Emily Andras say, 'Don't ever be afraid to take up space in this world. You are enough.' That changed everything for me."
11. "Wynonna Earp saved my life at a time when I wasn't sure if I wanted to be here anymore. I found my family with this show."
12. "The show has made me a better and happier person."
13. "Wynonna Earp gave me the role models I thought I was too old to need."
14. "I was literally about to fail a semester of college without this show. I picked myself out of a dark place and kept fighting, just like Wynonna."
15. "As a clinical counselor, watching the cast and crew model, normalize, and encourage fans to have more open conversations about mental health has been inspiring."
16. "I've become more comfortable with being authentically myself."
17. "When everything and everyone around me made me feel inadequate for being broken, the show gave me a new point of view and a reason to fight."
18. "Before finding this show, I was going through a severe depression because of not knowing who I wanted to become. The show, especially Dominique Provost-Chalkley, helped me figure out who I wanted to be."
19. "Kat Barrell inspires me to be a better person and to do what I love no matter what."
20. "As a queer person of color, I've always struggled to find somewhere where I truly belong. This show taught me that it's okay to be me."
21. "Watching the bond between Waverly and Wynonna brought me closer to my own sister. I had never seen such unconditional sisterly love on TV before."
22. "I loved the show so much that I created the first US Wynonna Earp convention with one of my best friends. I love seeing how a TV show can bring people together."
23. "I made the huge life decisions to go back to college, continue therapy, and finally come out. Wynonna Earp inspired me to do so."
24. "The show highlights why sacrifices for love don't make you weak, but in fact, they make you strong."
25. "I've truly never felt more myself than when I'm talking to fans of this show. The cast and crew nurture such positivity and love that you will follow them wherever they go."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity