1. The geeks are the cool kids.
In high school, it was cooler to found a startup than a club.
2. 0% humidity.
3. Having enough In-N-Outs so that you're never too far away from one in an emergency.
4. Sourdough bread.
5. Chinese food from Chinatown.
6. Coffee brewed by the cup, thanks to the Blue Bottle and Philz barista you know by name.
7. Muir Woods
8. Outside Lands, aka The Best and Prettiest Music Festival in America.
No sweaty deserts, no rave-y weirdos.
9. Knowing your produce is coming from a farm that's only a couple of miles away.
10. Burritos. And if you're not satisfied, you can always drive down to Mexico.
11. Morning fog rolling over the Santa Cruz Mountains.
12. Napa Valley for wine tasting.
Slash the destination for every wedding, anniversary or work retreat.
13. Caltrain: The best DD the Bay has to offer.
Honorable mentions to Bart and Muni.
15. Bay To Breakers.
The 12K with more nudity than you'll ever be prepared for.
17. Tom Hanks.
18. Choosing Birkenstocks over Crocs.
19. Getting the ultimate Chaco tan.
20. The Hyphy Movement.
When "Tell Me When To Go" comes on, no true Bay Arean can keep from breaking out that Thizz face.
22. The Giants.
23. Being good at making change actually happen.
24. Having the most badass LGBTQ community in the world.
25. Keeping working people happy.
You can always spot a Google employee by those funny bikes they ride around on.