2. While “Happy” created more talk than “Wrecking Ball,” Miley Cyrus is this year’s most mentioned VMA nominee in general, beating out both Pharrell and Ariana Grande, who’ll perform twice at Sunday’s show.
Some of these talked about nominees may not actually be at the show this weekend — looks like Miley Cyrus, John Legend, Katy Perry, and Pharrell are sitting this one out.
3. But less established personalities are making the real splash on Twitter ahead of the show. 5SOS bassist Calum Hood’s call for fans to vote for his band in the Artist To Watch category was retweeted some 33,000 times:
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.