2. While “Happy” created more talk than “Wrecking Ball,” Miley Cyrus is this year’s most mentioned VMA nominee in general, beating out both Pharrell and Ariana Grande, who’ll perform twice at Sunday’s show.
Some of these talked about nominees may not actually be at the show this weekend — looks like Miley Cyrus, John Legend, Katy Perry, and Pharrell are sitting this one out.
3. But less established personalities are making the real splash on Twitter ahead of the show. 5SOS bassist Calum Hood’s call for fans to vote for his band in the Artist To Watch category was retweeted some 33,000 times:
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.