1. Since Thursday, Aug. 28, Snoop Dogg has been posting photos and videos on Instagram in which he plays a white character named Todd:
5. And Uproxx pointed out that Todd recalls Bob from marketing, a white character Martin Lawrence played in the early seasons of his 1990s sitcom, Martin.
6. It’s unclear whether Snoop Dogg invented Todd for fun, or if the character will appear in a forthcoming sketch or movie. BuzzFeed has reached out to a spokesperson for Snoop for comment.
7. Back in March, Nick Cannon was criticized for wearing whiteface to promote his album, White People Party Music, in a since-deleted Instagram.
“There’s a big difference between humor and hatred,” Cannon told Good Morning America that month. “I was doing a character impression. Blackface is about oppression.”
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- In a spree of gun violence across Chicago, at least 68 people were injured — six of whom died — by Monday night of Memorial Day weekend.