1. The parents who made their son’s wheelchair into the best Halloween costume ever
2. The terminally ill man who loves receiving mail… and got more than he ever expected
Scott Widak has Down syndrome and suffers from liver disease, and he loves receiving mail. His nephew Sean posted his P.O. Box on Reddit and the site’s users responded with hundreds of letters, packages, and gifts.
9. The police officer who bought shoes for a barefoot homeless man
Jennifer Foster was visiting Times Square on Nov. 14 when she snapped the heartwarming moment. Here’s her account of what happened:
“Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’ The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching*. I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name. It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work. The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.”
10. And the police officers who made blind 13-year-old Gage Hancock-Stevens’ dream of being a cop come true
12. The Texas A&M students that blocked Westboro Baptist Church protesters with a human wall
When students heard that Westboro Baptist Church planned on protesting the funeral of a soldier, they formed a human barricade around the funeral service to block them out.
16. The Icelandic heroes who rescued sheep during a major snowstorm
17. The quick-thinking little girl who saved her mom’s life by slapping her with a piece of pizza
20. The bros who worked together to save a cat
22. The football star who gives children in need a shopping spree each year
This is a receipt for $19,000 in toys.
23. The man who comforts the old dog that saved his life
When John Unger had suicidal thoughts after a breakup, it was his dog Shoep who brought him back from the brink. This photograph shows Unger cradling his friend in lake Superior to soothe the dog’s arthritis.
26. And every single time anything like this happened.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.