2. The film stars Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu as Dylan, Natalie and Alex, three private investigations agents working for a mysterious man named Charlie.
3. And the films are ICONIC. Let’s not forget how both movies heavily feature dance sequences.
Not enough current movies break for a dance sequence. Listen to your heart, you know I’m right.
4. They gave us unforgettable life lessons that work in ANY SITUATION.
5. Like when you’re just a straight-up badass…
6. …or when you’ve opened the emergency door of a plane mid-flight disguised as LL Cool J, and parachute onto a jet boat, but you want to remind everyone you’re still a sassy redhead.
We didn’t even care that a) opening an emergency exit mid-flight is terribly difficult, and b) all the people still on board would have had a really bad time with no fucking door on the plane anymore, because we were too amazed by that opening scene!
7. Not to be outdone, in the opening scene of the sequel, the Angels just casually jump out of a truck and onto a helicopter while it plummets toward the bottom of a dam, only to pull up and fly away to safety in the nick of time.
BECAUSE OF COURSE THEY FUCKING CAN, THEY’RE ANGELS.
8. The movies were also jam-packed with SUCH GREAT CAMEOS like Melissa McCarthy:
(She actually appears in BOTH films FYI!)
9. Carrie mother-fucking Fisher:
10. THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS?!?!
The most 2003 cameo ever.
11. THE OLSEN TWINS.
12. WHAT ABOUT WHEN P!NK SHOWED UP and you were like, “sure”.
Not forgetting Demi Moore, Shia LaBeouf, LL Cool J, Justin Theroux, Crispin Glover, the late, great Bernie Mac, Matt LeBlanc, Bill Murray, Luke Wilson, John Cleese… THE LIST GOES ON.
13. The cast was incredible, paired with a script FULL of classic one-liners.
14. Not to mention the stylised fight scenes.
Charlie’s Angels and Full Throttle were McG’s first foray into directing feature films, so it makes sense he reunites with Barrymore, Diaz and Liu to bring the gang back together for a third film.
15. Speaking to the Toronto Sun in September 2015, producer and star of both films, Drew Barrymore said of a third Angels film: “we talk about it very seriously.”
“Everyone’s life is in a very distinct place, and movies are not the universe of a bunch of people who were involved in making the first two. So it’s tricky…”
17. If nothing, the recent successes of Jurassic World, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip show just how thirsty audiences are for continuations of iconic film series.
18. EVERYONE IS THINKING IT…
19. …and you know you agree.
20. Hollywood, it’s time. Just give the world what we deserve.
Charli3’s Ang3ls: Full3st Throttl3.