Let me start by saying that I'm a huge Disney fan. Although I totally love me some Beauty and the Beast, there's one thing I've never quite been able to get over...
Belle was literally the FUCKING WORST.
1. First of all, consider this: Her family is obviously super rich. They own a gigantic piece of property just walking distance from a quaint French village — as opposed to everyone in the nearby town, none of whom seem to own much land.
2. She's also known for being the "most beautiful" girl in town. Which obviously isn't her fault, but it would be hard for something like that not to go to your head.
3. Then there's this:
4. Belle is pretty much walking through the village throwing shade at everyone.
5. So. Much. Shade.
Who doesn't love a reliably good local baker?
6. Then think about this: The "bookshop" that Belle frequents is a "bookseller," not a library. Meaning dude sells books for a living. We've already established that Belle is totally rich, but she doesn't actually buy any books from the guy.
7. She straight-up walks though this game of jump rope... RUDE!
8. Like, no regard for anyone else.
Did she not notice that the fountain was already occupied? Or did she not care?
9. I can't.
10. Now watch as she kicks a bucketful of shit into some helpless goats.
11. Poor little goats.
12. After she meets the Beast, the foolery only gets worse. Starting with this incredibly over-the-top, borderline offensive reaction when she first sees what he looks like.
13. So fucking dramatic.
Now, I can get past the fact that Belle didn't want to dine with the Beast the same night she became a prisoner. I can also get past the fact that she put his servants at risk of getting into trouble by requesting food outside of pre-approved meal times.
14. But I CANNOT GET PAST Belle using her finger to sample the food. It's just so unsanitary!
15. Then, not satisfied with both the meal and show she just received, Belle tricks Cogsworth into taking her on a tour of the castle with super-fake flattery.
16. And not two minutes into the tour that SHE ASKED FOR, Belle decides to ditch her guides and go to the only place in the entire castle that she was warned to avoid.
What part of the word "forbidden" does she not understand?
17. She sees what appears to be a magical rose protected by glass, then removes the glass — without asking for permission — and attempts to touch it.
The fuck was she thinking? Girl has no idea what would happen if she were to touch the rose and, more important, doesn't care.
18. Fast-forward a bit and look how Belle gets rough with the town psychiatrist.
19. Then we have the ending. First, Belle gets rewarded for her behavior with a hot AF prince. Then, she invites all of her friends over to flaunt her new romance by forcing everyone to watch them dance.
Why was no one allowed to join in on the dancing? Talk about a shitty party.