20 Things To Buy If You Can’t Make A Pair Of Shoes Last Longer Than A Year
Time to step up your shoe game.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Raise your hand if you're tough as heck on your shoes 🤚🏿. It doesn't matter how cheap or expensive they are — shipping new kicks in and out of your closet is just your specialty. But things are a'changin'!
1. Waterproof nylon travel shoe bags that'll keep the pair you're always on the go with safely tucked away so they remain free of scuffs, scrapes, and more. These are also a great way to prevent your shoes from collecting dust as they wait for their turn as part of your OOTD.
2. Jessica Simpson house slippers designed for indoor and outdoor wear that are SO cute, you'll want to wear these around your home and for quick outings to give your ~actual~ shoes a break. These slippers have an anti-slip sole and a memory foam cushion so you feet feel cozy and comfy.
3. Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner that'll kick the dirt off of any shoes made of leather, vinyl, nubuck, suede, and canvas — with just a few drops! If you ever threw up in your mouth a little after getting a stain on your favorite shoes because you thought it would never come out — this shoe cleaner is your new jam.
4. Shoe stretchers because WHOA FACTS: It's possible for your shoe size to change even as an adult and YES, it is possible for your shoes to shrink. Neither of those facts automatically mean you'll have to get rid of your shoes. These stretchers will increase the width and length of your shoes so they fit comfortably.
5. UGG boot insoles to replace the worn-down ones that make you feel a little "ehh" about pulling your boots out this fall.
6. And an UGG shoe care kit so your UGGs can stop looking so dusty and UGG-ly. Admit it. UGGs are cute to many but they can start to look pretty janky after one winter season — especially if you're the type to wear them every day from the first whiff of fall until the very last cold day of spring. This shoe care kit will help you give your beloved boots the TLC they deserve.
7. A hanging shoe organizer that'll keep your go-to pairs accessible and visible at all times. Separating the shoes will keep them from banging up against each other at the bottom of your closet and under the bed — especially if you have a few heels in the mix.
9. Individual shoe laundry bags so you can finally toss your kicks in a wash cycle without fear. Each bag has over 10,000 fluffy fibers inside to gently scrub your shoes clean and work as a buffer to prevent them from banging around in the washing machine. The bags also come with two shoe trees to insert so your shoes keep their shape and resist creasing.
10. An odor eliminator spray made of essential oils like eucalyptus, tea tree, and thyme that'll zap away the scent of death emanating from your shoes.
11. Water repellant spray so your shoes can survive even the soggiest of rainy, snowy, or sleety days. This spray will go on clear and leave no stains on your shoes while preventing water damage. It'll also help repel mud, ice, and other stains.
12. FRINGE shoe accessories to spice up the shoes you've grown bored by in an instant. These cutesy fringe attachments slip onto any kind of shoes with laces — from Oxfords to sneakers. No more passing down lace-ups to your siblings just because you're "over" them. These fun accessories are out to extend your shoes' shelf life.
13. OR, rhinestone shoe clips to zhuzh up your flats and plain heels so they go from basic to super classy in an instant.
14. Heel stoppers that'll protect the heels on your skinniest pumps from slipping through tiny cracks, poking holes in the grass, or just wearing out in general. These things will ensure your heels continue to look just like new!
15. A replacement heel cap kit so you can switch out any damaged heel ends you do get and keep on stepping without missing a beat. The kit comes with 25 pairs of heel caps in different sizes and one pair of pliers to remove the caps from the pumps.
16. Adidas sneakers made of durable fabric that can totally hang when you wear them from work to the gym and to drinks right after.
17. Waterproof shoe covers that'll make getting caught in the rain less of a panic-inducing experience. Just keep these in your backpack, purse, or briefcase and slip them on over your shoes when it pours or you have to trek through slush.
18. Boot-fix Glue that'll make you think thrice about tossing out your favorite fall boots just because they look like they have talking lips. This glue will dry nearly instantly and won't expand when it hardens. The dried glue also won't fall apart due to extreme heat, cold, or moisture.
19. Scented sneaker balls to ensure your shoes won't always smell like a zombie apocalypse is trying to crawl out of them when you aren't wearing them. These balls are great for removing odors from shoes, gym bags, and lockers.
20. Charcoal shoe deodorizers that'll totally wipe out that musty smell your kicks are harboring and replace it with a fresh, neutral scent. The charcoal is meant to suck up bacteria and eliminate the moisture that leads to the stinkiness in the first place.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.