31 Cleaning Products To Use When You Move (And Want Your Deposit Back)
The place will look so good after using these, you just might want to stay in your apartment.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of melamine erasers that'll clean your walls so well it'll be like your daughter's abstract marker masterpiece never ended up on your living room wall in the first place.
2. A powerful no-rinse stain remover sure to remove every accidental spill your house has seen – yes, even the red wine you dropped when Bachelor in Paradise got too intense (correction: BOTH glasses of red wine you dropped).
3. A drain millipede that's gonna dig down deep and get the gunk out of your pipes so your landlord doesn't ask why your sink looks like a scene from IT.
4. A Click N Clean mop kit you can use if your floors just need a basic scrub down. Not only can you use this to clean your old floors, but it can be a super useful daily tool at your new place, too!
5. An extendable microfiber duster set, because your high ceilings made your apartment a great place to live, but a rather difficult place for your short self to dust.
6. A fume-free oven cleaner that'll eliminate all evidence of the lasagna you attempted to make when you finally realized your parents wouldn't be coming over to make dinner.
7. A water-based alkaline wood cleaner – it's gonna wipe away dirt, oil, and dried spills while being gentle on the wood itself. Turns out your hands were always filthy and your railings really felt it.
8. A pack of biodegradable cleaning wipes sure to clean up every surface of your old place until it shines bright like a diamond (well, bright like freshly polished linoleum).
9. A pack of dishwasher cleaning tablets to rid your washer of any limescale or mineral buildup, because the historic landmark you're moving into doesn't have a dishwasher and you want to send this one off with the respect it deserves.
10. A powder cleaner for making your floors, walls, and wood look brand-spanking new. You're gonna deserve getting *two* deposits back after a scrub down this efficient.
11. A bottle of Krud Kutter to break up the built-on grime your floors have been clinging to since you decided a "shoes off" policy was an unnecessary system your parents inflicted on you and not something you would use in your own home.
12. A watermark removing cloth to rid the countertops of the watermarks you left after re-gifting the coasters your father got you at Christmas.
13. A pumice stone — it's gonna break apart the worst hard water buildup on toilets and tubs and truly ~rock~ your world.
14. And a bottle of the multipurpose Barkeeper's Friend for gently cleaning away the hard water stains that are usually really hard to get off.
16. A hardwood floor cleaner so you can leave your old apartment with floors your landlord ~wood~ actually want to walk on.
17. A pack of washing-machine tablets to dissolve and wash away any odor-causing residue your sweat-stained competitive hopscotch laundry may have left behind.
18. And a dryer vent coil brush because you shouldn't ~brush off~ cleaning every nook and cranny before you move out.
19. A foaming garbage disposal cleaner that'll clean out your sink so your landlord doesn't dispose of your deposit.
20. A jetted tub cleaner for jets that have filled with dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria-filled buildup because your "treat yourself" baths did not involve cleaning up afterwords.
21. A squeegee broom you're especially gonna want when you adopted a dog *before* leaving your non-pet-friendly place.
22. A three-pack of mold and mildew stain removing spray sure to clean the mysteriously face-like stain above your bed. Let's just hope Matilda doesn't find her way to your next place.
23. And a mold and mildew removing gel that clings to the grime on tiles and edges so you can actually get those areas cleaned up.
24. A stainless steel cleaner for when you really only used your sink as a permanent storage space for dirty dishes and... it shows.
25. A microfiber dust brush that'll spruce up your window shades so well you just might notice you actually did have a view through those dust bunnies.
26. A set of drill brushes so you can eliminate every grimy surface in your space, from cooked-on grease on a stovetop to built-up dirt in a bathtub to the years of... mysterious growths on your tile and grout.
27. An oil stain remover — you're gonna ~marble~ at how well this gets rid of the olive oil stains your salad-loving heart almost left behind.
28. A disposable Clorox toilet cleaning kit because it'd be a real ~bummer~ to lose your deposit over a gross toilet.
30. A roll of machine washable reusable bamboo towels that'll be great for your place, and *our* place... earth-friendly cleaning products 🎉!
31. And a rust stain remover that'll have the shower sparklin' even if your ~rusty~ cleaning skills left it neglected for far too long.
Now to figure out how to get your sofa down the stairs:
Looking for more great finds? Check out some of our favorite cheap things to buy on Amazon, some of the weirdest things on Amazon you might actually want, or read through all the rest of our incredible Amazon product recommendations.
And if you want even more practical products, check out the posts below: