42 Toys That Reviewers Say Kept Kids Busy For Hours
If your children are anything like mine and they lose interest in new toys within minutes of opening the box (sometimes even nanoseconds), then this list should help.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A marble run set that provides endless possibilities to build creative structures — all while developing their problem-solving skills. They'll be ~ah-mazed~ at the results when the marbles roll through the mazes they create.
2. A color-your-own-castle playhouse to fill a rainy day with creative shenanigans. An ideal solution for parents tired of listening to cries of "I'm bored" 500 times, while stuck inside with the kiddos.
3. A Craft-tastic "Make a Fox Friend" kit that comes with everything budding crafters need to make an adorable fox stuffie along with glam accessories (while learning basic sewing skills!). They'll especially love changing their foxy friend's outfits over and over.
4. A classic Melissa & Doug ice cream station, which has *served* up many delicious opportunities for pretend play for my daughter, who takes the whole business of setting up shop, asking "what kind of ice cream do you want?" and creating a variety of cones and sundaes so adorably seriously.
5. A glow-in-the-dark fort building kit for stimulating any future architect's imagination so they can engineer igloos, rockets, and castles and then giggle and scoot in their "secret hiding place."
6. A wooden puzzle equivalent to playing Tetris but in tactile form that'll ~exercise their brain~ without any screen time.
7. An affordable drone probably because most kids have been begging for one for months. This will *propel* you to instant fave status.
8. A Hot Wheels car wash set, basically the most action packed toy in existence with a water-spraying octopus, color-changing car, elevator, and loop and spiral race tracks — really an unbeatable combo.
9. A sight word Bingo game if you've ever asked yourself, "How do I take the frustration out of learning sight words and make it FUN?" then this game is for you.
10. An interactive dinosaur toy because every kiddo deserves a dino BFF that'll roar when you roar at him, bust out cool breakdancing moves when you put his headphones on and even fart if you pull his tail 🦖 😂.
11. A set of Crayola Scribble Scrubbie pets that can be reused over and over again (unlike one-and-done sets). This will keep budding artists busy coloring the cute pets, scrubbing them, and coloring all over again.
12. A Dyson Ball toy vacuum with realistic sounds and pretty decent–working suction that'll make little helpers want to clean the house nonstop. But hey, who's complaining?
13. A Gravity Maze game to challenge kids to use spatial reasoning to solve the puzzles and figure out how to construct pathways to get the marble to drop to the final cube.
14. An LCD writing tablet that'll encourage future Einsteins to practice their numbers and letters. Added bonus: They might even consider trading their iPad for this cool gadget.
15. A Melissa & Doug activity book with a pair of safe scissors to channel their (*cough* destructive) energy into a creative activity that'll put their fine motor skills to the test.
16. A Stomp Rocket launcher that'll teach the kids basic physics (without suspecting it!). They'll have such a *blast* as they jump on the launch pad, count down to liftoff, and watch the rockets soar up to 200 feet high.
17. An InnyBin for a challenge that any curious tot will relish — to plunk chunky shapes through the elastic bands into the cube and then pull them back out (all while fine-tuning motor skills!)
18. Otrio, a twist on the classic tic-tac-toe that'll become a game night favorite with all ages — from your 8-year-old nephew to Grandpa Joe.
19. A 100 Words Book that'll interact with budding scholars and help build their vocabulary in English and Spanish.
20. A solar-powered DIY robot kit so young STEM enthusiasts can get the *gears* in their head turning as they build 12 different types of moving robots.
21. A Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza card game that'll have the whole family in tears from *belly laughing* so hard.
22. A Disney Princess necklace activity set with more than 30,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that'll *charm* any little diva.
23. A flower-building activity set — a STEM-based toy (literally and figuratively) to make the imagination of horticultural enthusiasts blossom while creating bouquets and gardens.
24. A scratch paper art set that'll make you nostalgic for your childhood when nothing was more satisfying than drawing on the surface to reveal the rainbow colors underneath.
25. A Lego movie activity kit to unleash any aspiring filmmaker's creativity. Prepare to be impressed when they get the hang of making short stop-motion videos (using their phone, tablet, or computer) in no time!
26. And a Lego set that'll win you fave status with any dino-lovin' kid, letting them create three different dinosaurs with majorly realistic teeth and claws.
27. A miniature baking set for the aspiring Dominique Ansel in your life. It's true what they say, "good things come in small buttery, gooey, sugary packages."
28. An interactive The Floor is Lava game that'll create a sense of urgency in couch potatoes, leaving them with no choice but to jump to the right foam pieces to pretend to escape the hot molten lava.
29. A rainbow-colored saucer swing guaranteed to add swirling pops of color and become your toddler or teen's fave ~hangout~.
31. A set of rainbow popping toys for fidgety hands looking for a satisfyingly cute and infinitely reusable Bubble Wrap experience.
32. A remote control stunt car that'll zip its way into any thrill seeker's heart with 360 degree spins and ability to maneuver through any situation — carpet, hardwood, grass, dirt, or gravel (even obstacles!).
33. Banzai Bump N' Bounce Body Bumpers so adults can referee (or participate in!) impromptu battles in the yard or living room that'll elicit nonstop silliness and laughs.
34. A 360-degree-rotating three-in-one LED globe, constellation map, and night-light that'll make it possible to explore the world and star gaze from the bedroom. And, the night-light emits a celestial glow that even 8-year-olds will love.
35. A foam pogo jumper far safer that the good ol' pogo stick, with a sturdy foam base to stand on, so little hurricanes can burn off their energy hopping from room to room as grownups secretly wait their turn.
37. A National Geographic geodes kit that'll blow any junior geologist's mind and give them an excuse to smash rocks with a hammer.
38. A giant bubble wands kit to keep kids and grown-ups *mesmerized* thanks to the two-handle wand that makes the most ~ginormous bubbles~ they've ever seen.
39. A construction-themed folding play set that comes with kinetic sand, a dump truck toy, and a working crane with wrecking ball and bucket attachments so they can dig, build, and crush to their heart's content without making a colossal mess indoors.
40. A pack of Mega Bloks so rambunctious tykes can construct towers...and knock them down. Parents will also have peace of mind knowing they're jumbo sized to reduce the risk of choking.
41. A large castle tent with sheer drapes and starry lights for an enchanting hideaway that'll impress even the most hard-to-impress princess on your list.
42. And just in case you don’t already own it, a Magna-Tiles set because studies have shown it'll hold any kid's attention wayyyy longer than most toys. JK, but seriously, any parent who has bought this cool building set will attest that it's worth.every.penny.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.