1. Actress Julianne Hough decided to go all out in blackface for her costume as Orange Is The New Black’s Crazy Eyes.
3. Ryan Seacrest’s ex-girlfriend went with a group all dressed like characters from the popular Netflix series.
5. Julianne’s brother, Dancing With The Stars’ Derek Hough, commended the group’s “genius costumes” in a post on Instagram. The photo has since been deleted.
Caption: “Orange is the new Black !! Genius costumes. Love how much they commit and have fun with a show they love. #womanunit.”
6. But some people were not too thrilled about Hough’s decision to darken her skin tone.
A COSTUME is hair, clothes, affectations. Not skin color. You work in Hollywood, you should know this already, @juliannehough
it’s still blackface even if you use bronzer. its still blackface even if you use MAC or Dior instead of charred cork. @juliannehough
Dear Julianne Hough, blackface is never a good costume, k?
Julianne Hough could’ve easily gone as the super boring overly privileged “Piper Kerman,” i guess that it is too close to real life & ain’t+
11. In a tweeted statement, Hough apologized for her offensive costume.
- President Donald Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- North Carolina lawmakers say they have reached an agreement to repeal the controversial bathroom law HB2.
- People in northwest and southwest Cameroon have had no access to the internet for 74 days— at all.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year 😱