1. This is an announcement for a Liz and Criss wedding:
From the AP:
On Thursday, NBC made the grand announcement that Ms. Elizabeth Miervaldis Lemon, 42, would be presenting herself to be married to Mr. Crisstopher Rick Chross - “But not in a creepy way that perpetuates the idea that brides are virgins and women are property.”
This isn’t the first time us loyal viewers have been spoiled. On Parks and Rec back when April and Andy weren’t an official couple, NBC aired a segment about a wedding registry for the pair and everyone was like, “HUH!? Did I just time-warp into the near future or did NBC totally just spoil the living brains out of me!?”
So maybe we were spoiled, or maybe we should have seen this coming. Either way, the apparent wedding episode will air November 29, so at least you have enough time to go buy a nice dress and some champagne. I will be attending, but I prefer pajamas.
5. Congrats, you two!
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.