1. This is an announcement for a Liz and Criss wedding:
From the AP:
On Thursday, NBC made the grand announcement that Ms. Elizabeth Miervaldis Lemon, 42, would be presenting herself to be married to Mr. Crisstopher Rick Chross - “But not in a creepy way that perpetuates the idea that brides are virgins and women are property.”
This isn’t the first time us loyal viewers have been spoiled. On Parks and Rec back when April and Andy weren’t an official couple, NBC aired a segment about a wedding registry for the pair and everyone was like, “HUH!? Did I just time-warp into the near future or did NBC totally just spoil the living brains out of me!?”
So maybe we were spoiled, or maybe we should have seen this coming. Either way, the apparent wedding episode will air November 29, so at least you have enough time to go buy a nice dress and some champagne. I will be attending, but I prefer pajamas.
5. Congrats, you two!
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in a number of films — "Twister" "Titanic," and "Apollo 13" — has died at 61.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱