1. This is an announcement for a Liz and Criss wedding:
From the AP:
On Thursday, NBC made the grand announcement that Ms. Elizabeth Miervaldis Lemon, 42, would be presenting herself to be married to Mr. Crisstopher Rick Chross - “But not in a creepy way that perpetuates the idea that brides are virgins and women are property.”
This isn’t the first time us loyal viewers have been spoiled. On Parks and Rec back when April and Andy weren’t an official couple, NBC aired a segment about a wedding registry for the pair and everyone was like, “HUH!? Did I just time-warp into the near future or did NBC totally just spoil the living brains out of me!?”
So maybe we were spoiled, or maybe we should have seen this coming. Either way, the apparent wedding episode will air November 29, so at least you have enough time to go buy a nice dress and some champagne. I will be attending, but I prefer pajamas.
5. Congrats, you two!
- Donald Trump's pick for commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross, admitted at his confirmation hearing he once employed an undocumented immigrant as a household worker.
- It's official: Scientists announced that 2016 was the hottest year on record and say greenhouse gasses are to blame ♨️️🌍
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀