We asked funeral home employees to tell us stories about their jobs, and what they had to say is definitely surprising...
1. "Sometimes, you might get the wrong corpse."
2. "Funeral home employees play the cruelest jokes on one another."
3. "Some people keep the belongings of the deceased."
4. "We use glue to seal the mouths and eyelids of the bodies."
5. "We sometimes get scared of getting stuck to the bodies when we use glue."
6. "The things people say during the funerals are little gems."
7. "If the body is too big, we occasionally have to break its bones."
8. "We don't always put makeup on them."
9. "People always ask if we've had sex in the caskets."
10. "And they ask if we do 'things' with the bodies."
11. "With time, you get used to the 'sighs' of the bodies."
12. "Every funeral home decides on their own how to 'cleanse' the place. (Yes, we're talking about any presences that may stick around.)"
13. "Growing up in a funeral home was the most normal thing in the world...at least for me. Less so for my friends."
14. "Sometimes people ask us if it's the correct body in the coffin, or if it's someone else in there."
15. "Happy funerals are the best funerals."
16. "Some people get laugh attacks."
17. "It's not cheap to die."
18. "More people are more concerned about the food we serve than about how the family of the deceased feels."
19. "The ultimate way to go out in style is in a personalized casket."
20. "Sometimes there are extreme situations, like one woman who decided to hold her mother's wake in a pasta shop."
21. "NOT EVERY FUNERAL HOME EMPLOYEE WATCHES SIX FEET UNDER!"
22. "Be more afraid of the living than the dead — they're capable of far worse things."
The wording of #1 has been altered to reflect BuzzFeed's editorial standards.