From movies to trends, people hype up new things all the time — but sometimes, after they're released, they turn out to be just...not that great.
So, when redditor u/PsychedelicAirFusion asked, "What had so much hype about it, but was actually terrible?" people had a lot to say. Here are some of the top-voted responses:
2. Olestra (also known as Olean)
8. Sony MiniDisc
9. 3D TVs
"I’ll never forget the picture of the sandwich."
11. Google Glass
13. "The SpongeBob 'Sweet Victory' song that got switched to Travis Scott's 'Sicko Mode' in the Super Bowl."
14. Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul
16. Ted (from United Airlines)
18. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
21. Suicide Squad
23. The end of the world in 2012
24. Space Jam 2
25. Windows Vista
26. Crystal Pepsi
What are some other things that got a ton of hype but turned out to be terrible? Let us know in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.