2. A few weeks ago, you might have seen this ~interesting~ tweet from President Donald Trump about Meryl:
3. Well, Jimmy used it as a perfect opportunity to roast the star…
4. “We are here tonight to honor great actors, but we’re also here to honor the actors who seem great but actually really aren’t,” he said.
5. Meryl instantly knew something was coming her way.
6. “From her mediocre early work in The Deer Hunter and Out of Africa to her underwhelming performances in Kramer vs. Kramer and Sophie’s Choice, Meryl Streep has phoned it in in over 50 films over the course of her lackluster career.”
7. Jimmy didn’t stop there.
8. He kept going, and the “highly overrated” star seemed pretty amused.
9. Seeing as how Meryl is the most Oscar-nominated actress in history, it was a sweet, sweet moment in time.
10. Finally, when ending the bit, Jimmy asked Meryl one extremely important question…
11. Watch the Oscars on ABC!
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."