1. When Eric Abetz allegedly used Dolce & Gabbana as an argument against same-sex marriage.
2. When the Australian Marriage Forum compared marriage equality and slavery.
3. When Germaine Greer said transphobia isn't a thing.
4. When a grown man quoted the dictionary to tell a child her same-sex family isn't normal.
5. In fact, just the whole Gayby Baby furore in general.
6. When Barnaby Joyce said Asia would think Australia was "decadent" if same-sex marriage was legalised.
7. When George Christensen suggested people who support same-sex marriage should also support America's interpretation of the second amendment.
8. When the Australian Family Association released this bizarre anti-marriage equality pamphlet.
9. When Fred Nile offered some helpful suggestions for how gay couples can express their love – without having sex.
10. When Victorian MLC Bernie Finn said his gay friends "have a certain flair" and are generally "very funny".
11. When the Australian Christian Lobby issued a press release asking the Greens to stop calling them bigots.
Lane Sainty is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Lane Sainty at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.