1. 2003: We’re totally into a show about privileged women sent to live and work in uncomfortable circumstances, to hilarious effect.
2. 2013: We’re totally into a show about a privileged woman who is sent to live and work in uncomfortable circumstances, to hilarious effect.
3. 2003: The West Wing represents our biggest hopes for what government could be.
5. 2003: Bryan Cranston is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor for Malcolm in the Middle …and loses.
To Brad Garrett for Everybody Loves Raymond.
6. 2013: Bryan Cranston is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor for Breaking Bad …and loses.
To Jeff Daniels for The Newsroom.
9. 2003: You and over 10 million other people watched in shock as Madonna kissed Christina and Britney during the VMAs.
11. 2003: You were murderous when Pacey ended up with Joey, because then what was the point of the whole show?
12. 2013: You were murderous when Dexter ended up becoming a lumberjack, because then WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE WHOLE SHOW?
13. 2003: The U.K. version of The Office ends, and you never want to see David Brent again.
14. 2013: The U.S. version of The Office ends, and everyone cries when Michael Scott comes back.
17. 2003: Famous married couple Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson document their most stupid behavior for national TV.
18. 2013: Famous married couple Teresa and Joe Giudice try to hide stupid behavior from national audience, get caught anyway.
19. 2003: You agonized over whether Ryan and Marissa from The O.C. would get together.
20. 2013: You agonized over whether Nick and Jessica from New Girl would get together.
21. 2003: Buffy spends a lot of time fighting vampires.
23. 2003: Arrested Development premieres on Fox. It surprises everyone with how brilliant it is, but it struggles to maintain America’s attention.
24. 2013: Arrested Development premieres on Netflix. It surprises everyone with how mediocre it is, and no one can stop talking about it.
- Chris Froome won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴