We recently told you 25 mother-in-law horror stories our BuzzFeed Community shared with us. And – you guessed it – there's more. If you thought those were bad, wait 'til you read these...
1. During my wedding reception, my ex mother-in-law interrupted our first dance and asked to cut in and only dance with her son while I sat it out.
2. My MIL took my dog to a shelter (while I was out of state with her son), and had my dog put down before I got back. She told the shelter that the dog tried to attack her, which I know is a lie because she was the kindest dog I've ever had. It still breaks my heart.
3. My former MIL would give us gifts and then ask for them back if we weren't using them in the way or timeframe she wanted.
4. My mother-in-law gave my son a DNA test without me knowing.
5. Before my husband and I got married, my mother-in-law whined to my family that she was losing her only son and my aunt reminded her she wouldn’t be losing anyone, but gaining a daughter. And my MIL said to my whole family, “What do I need a daughter for? I already have a dog.”
6. When my son was born, I spelled his name with an "en" and my MIL was mad because she wanted it spelled with an "an." She brought a cake for his birthday party, and had his name spelled the way she wanted, with an "an" on it.
7. My ex’s mother-in-law threw a surprise party for his 30th and didn’t tell me about it. I walked in with him and was just as surprised as he was. When I asked my MIL why she didn’t tell me, she said she "didn't want me to ruin the surprise."
8. My MIL called my dad three weeks before our engagement party to recruit him in helping break my fiancé and I up.
9. When I was nine months pregnant with my first child, my MIL asked me to stand up and turn around. After I did, she said, “Ew, when I was pregnant you could never tell from the back.”
10. My MIL said she would buy the food for our rehearsal dinner. She bought three large pizzas for 50 people. When we ran out within the first five minutes, she looked around at the group and said, “Someone should probably order more!”
11. Before my in-laws come over, I always scrub the house from top to bottom, making it look ready to host the Queen of England. But, every time, my MIL always tells me ONE thing that could be cleaner, and exactly what product I should use. She then gives me $20 to go get said item because "I, obviously, must not have any money for cleaning products."
12. My MIL proudly showed me a photo album one of her daughters made. It had that daughter with her husband and their kids, her other daughter with her husband and kids, and a picture of my husband. Without me or our kids.
13. When my husband and I were expecting our first child, my MIL demanded that we give her a girl. I explained that there was no possible way for us to guarantee that, but throughout my entire pregnancy she continued to badger us about how the baby better be a girl. We did a little reveal at a family party and when we found out we were having a boy, she slapped me, punched my husband, and got rip-roaring drunk.
14. My MIL forced us to host Thanksgiving at our house a month after our first child was born – she cried until we said yes. She didn’t offer to help with anything and then yelled at my husband, saying I was “avoiding the family” when I went upstairs to breastfeed my son and put him down for his nap. Then, the family ate dinner without me.
15. At my wedding, my MIL wanted her own make-up and hair artist, as well as her own changing room so she could do an outfit change. When she was told this wasn’t an option, she yelled at me for ruining HER day.
16. I am allergic to a lot of Christmas things, like pine, cinnamon, vanilla, and my MIL knows this. When we came to her house for Christmas, there were pine boughs, cinnamon pine cones, and vanilla candles EVERYWHERE. Then, for Christmas, she gave me a pack of cinnamon candles.
17. Two days after giving birth to my first child, my ex mother-in-law came to visit me while some of my friends were there and told everyone that I looked like a "beached manatee."
18. When my husband and I were going through the home-buying process, we found out that my MIL had a credit card in my husband’s name that she opened when he was 18. When we confronted her about it (because it had a $3,000 balance), she lied and said it was his debt from college.
19. My mother-in-law cut my 1-year-old's hair when I was out of town without asking me.
20. After my husband's untimely death, my former mother-in-law took possession of my husband's remains and tried to bury him without my consent or knowledge.
21. My mother-in-law calls me “immature” and “selfish” because I don’t cook and clean for my husband. We both have full-time jobs, but she thinks it's my job to take care of him.
22. My husband and I have been trying to start our family for over three years. It’s sad and difficult, but my MIL thinks it’s my fault because “I’m not praying the right things.”
23. When I was eight months pregnant, I got tickets to a Lady GaGa concert in the front row of the nose-bleed section. When I told my MIL, she looked me dead in the eye, as serious as can be, and said, “Aren’t you worried about sitting that high up? What if you topple over the edge since you’re top heavy.”
24. My husband and I drove six hours to visit my MIL with our infant son. The first thing she says to me is that every Monday she and her friend pray together that I will lose weight as it’s so sad to see someone so young with extra weight.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.