How Well Does "The Apprentice"'s Nick Hewer Know The Internet?
He visited the BuzzFeed UK office the other day. We decided to test his online knowledge. The result? Reaction GIFs that dreams are made of.
We know Nick's a dab hand at Twitter as he has almost 200,000 followers.
But how well does he know the rest of the internet? We set him a test to find out.
1. First, we showed Nick a picture of Grumpy Cat for the first time.
After seeing a picture of Grumpy Cat Nick laughed then commented: "It's got a sweet little face. It's not related to my cat Aida is it?"
2. Then we introduced Nick to Snapchat for the first time. His reaction was priceless.
He asked if the logo was a ghost and told us: "Snapchat, I have no idea what you're talking about."
After some explanation Nick got it and explained back: "Oh I see, so what you're saying is you send something with a self exploding timer on it... Then it's gone. Snapchat, hmm. So what's the purpose of that then?"
3. We explained to Nick that some people use Snapchat for 'naughty' pictures or videos.
5. Then we introduced him to the Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" meme.
This is how we'd react, too.
Cue raised eyebrows.
6. Nick was then introduced to Doge. We showed him images like this.
Bewilderment we think is the word.
7. But then he taught as about a different type of Doge.
Here's our version of a Doge Of Venice.
8. We then gave him a quick fire round.
What is the last thing you Googled? London cinema listings to choose a movie to watch. I ended up just coming home.
Pick one - kittens or puppies: Puppies.
Pick one - Nutella or bacon: Bacon.
When you walk into a bar what do you typically order? It depends, Guinness or maybe red wine if I'm in a wine mood.
What word are you guilty of using too often? The word yes. I need to learn to say no more.
What one thing drives you crazy? People littering.
What's your favourite reality TV show? The Apprentice.
What was your first CD? Probably Pink Floyd.
Can you tell us a secret? I am appearing in a pop video.