1. The Beatles and Nirvana have both been outsold in singles by Ke$ha's single "Tik-Tok".
2. Flo Rida's track "Low" sold 2 million more copies than "Hey Jude" by The Beatles.
3. While we're on the subject of John Lennon and co, TV show Glee has had more top 100 US hits than the Fab Four.
4. And Emeli Sandé beat the record set by The Beatles for the most consecutive weeks in the UK's top 10 chart for a debut album – 63, compared to 62.
5. Justin Bieber has 55 million Twitter followers, more than Barack Obama and Pope Francis combined.
6. The Baha Men have a Grammy award – unlike stellar acts like The Kinks, Tupac Shakur, and Iggy Pop.
7. Rihanna has had 10 No. 1 singles. Led Zeppelin, REM, and Depeche Mode have never had one.
8. Jack Johnson is more popular than The Strokes, Arcade Fire, MGMT, and The Smiths combined in terms of record sales.
9. Until recently, Katy Perry held the same record as Michael Jackson for most No. 1 singles from a single album (seven). Her for Teenage Dream, him for the more iconic Thriller.
10. But last year Calvin Harris actually topped both Perry and the King of Pop by scoring eight top 10 hits from one album.
11. Pop rockers Busted have had six more No. 1s than Kate Bush.
12. Celine Dion's "Falling Into You" sold more copies than any Queen, Nirvana, or Bruce Springsteen single.
13. Same with Shania Twain's "Come On Over".
14. Il Divo have sold almost twice as many albums as Dave Grohl's Foo Fighters.
15. Ten years ago, Robbie Williams was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame as the greatest British artist of the 1990s.
16. The Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" is more popular than any Elvis Presley or Simon & Garfunkel song.
17. Rihanna has had a No. 1 in each year for the last seven years – only Elvis and The Beatles had previously achieved this. Artists such as David Bowie and the Rolling Stones have not.
18. The combined sales of Jackson 5 classics "I'll Be There" and "I Want You Back" still add up to less than the sales for "Gangnam Style". Yep, you read that right.
19. PJ Harvey has never had a No. 1 album. Steps have had three.
20. Twenty million people bought Billy Ray Cyrus' debut album, Some Gave All… which is more than any of Bob Marley's albums.
21. At 14, Westlife have sold almost twice as many No. 1 singles as The Rolling Stones, who only have 8.
22. While Blur have only had two UK No. 1 singles. Gary Glitter has had three.
23. Even Billie Piper has had one more UK No. 1 singles than Blur.
24. Even with their single sales combined, The Libertines, Massive Attack and Suede have been outsold in singles by Robson & Jerome.
25. George Harrison has had the same amount of platinum-selling albums as N-Dubz.
26. PJ Harvey has sold less singles than Gareth Gates .
This post has been updated to meet BuzzFeed's sourcing and attribution standards. Six facts have been deleted because they were either incorrect or could not be sufficiently sourced.