2. They claim to be wolf-headed humans bioengineered by Jimi Hendrix. In public, they always stay in character.
Think the same sort of high-spirited camp as Gorillaz, GWAR, or Hollywood Undead.
And DJ Santa Monica sniffing local New York delicacies.
12. Their 2011 tour was called “草食男子絶滅ツアー,” which roughly translate to “eradicate all twee dudes.”
“Some guys are too hesitant. We’re against that,” said guitarist Jean-Ken Johnny.
They’re referring to Japan’s “herbivore” subculture of proudly meek, precious, and asexual men (who were themselves reacting to 80s salaryman breadwinner machismo). Anyway, think of the “herbivores” as emo or somesuch oft-derided softie subculture.
13. They want to tour Europe more and play in England.
They said their fans in Japan and France are the craziest. “In France, there were people dressed in panda suits crowdsurfing,” said Jean-Ken Johnny (who was fluent in English and lovely to talk to).
14. Showtime in New York. Time to get on stage.
15. Among the crowds of fans were extremely serious-looking record label execs.
*The dude below is not one of the serious-looking suits. He just had a cool jacket.
16. Onstage, they unhinge their wolf-jaws so they can sing.
SINGING THROUGH A TORN JAW. That’s pretty metal.
17. They put on a energetic live show and were unflappable joyous showmen.
20. They’ll be playing a show in Los Angeles this coming Thursday.
“We may look unusual, but underneath we’re the same,” says Jean-Ken. “Listen to us, and if you like what you hear, come party!”
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉