2. They claim to be wolf-headed humans bioengineered by Jimi Hendrix. In public, they always stay in character.
Think the same sort of high-spirited camp as Gorillaz, GWAR, or Hollywood Undead.
And DJ Santa Monica sniffing local New York delicacies.
12. Their 2011 tour was called “草食男子絶滅ツアー,” which roughly translate to “eradicate all twee dudes.”
“Some guys are too hesitant. We’re against that,” said guitarist Jean-Ken Johnny.
They’re referring to Japan’s “herbivore” subculture of proudly meek, precious, and asexual men (who were themselves reacting to 80s salaryman breadwinner machismo). Anyway, think of the “herbivores” as emo or somesuch oft-derided softie subculture.
13. They want to tour Europe more and play in England.
They said their fans in Japan and France are the craziest. “In France, there were people dressed in panda suits crowdsurfing,” said Jean-Ken Johnny (who was fluent in English and lovely to talk to).
14. Showtime in New York. Time to get on stage.
15. Among the crowds of fans were extremely serious-looking record label execs.
*The dude below is not one of the serious-looking suits. He just had a cool jacket.
16. Onstage, they unhinge their wolf-jaws so they can sing.
SINGING THROUGH A TORN JAW. That’s pretty metal.
17. They put on a energetic live show and were unflappable joyous showmen.
20. They’ll be playing a show in Los Angeles this coming Thursday.
“We may look unusual, but underneath we’re the same,” says Jean-Ken. “Listen to us, and if you like what you hear, come party!”
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links in Donald Trump's tweets to determine where the president-elect gets his news 📰❗️
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago today, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.