1. Homer was actually the one who tried to kill Mr. Burns on The Simpsons.
2. In the movie Tag, Jeremy Renner's character Jerry is Hawkeye on vacation from the Avengers.
3. Toby is the Scranton Strangler in The Office.
4. In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the centaurs in the forbidden forest predicted Harry's "death."
5. Jack was actually just a figment of Rose's imagination in Titanic.
6. Emperor Palpatine used Padmé's life energy to preserve Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith.
7. Phoebe and Joey were secretly hooking up throughout the entirety of Friends.
8. The Disney movie Atlantis: The Lost Empire and the video game Mass Effect take place in the same universe.
9. The Flintstones and The Jetsons take place in the same era.
10. Jan's assistant Hunter was the real father of her baby on The Office.
11. Courage doesn't actually live in the middle of nowhere on Courage the Cowardly Dog.
12. Dr. Claw was the original Gadget in Inspector Gadget.
13. The Joker in The Dark Knight is a former Black Ops soldier who went insane.
14. In The Matrix, the "real world" was actually a second Matrix simulation.
15. Olaf was an extension of Elsa's consciousness in Frozen.
16. The Room is a film adaptation of The Sims.
17. And finally, the Blair Witch didn't actually exist in The Blair Witch Project.
Do you believe any of these theories? Got any theories of your own? Let us know in the comments!
Note: entries have been edited for length and clarity.