1. Meghan Trainor is a songwriter first, pop star second.
She planned to make a living writing for other artists until L.A. Reid heard the demo for “All About That Bass” and insisted she release it herself. The legendary record executive saw star potential that Meghan didn’t see in herself.
2. She co-wrote every song on her debut album, Title.
8. She has always done her own thing: In high school, she played football for three years.
“I had two brothers, I was a tomboy,” Meghan explained to a radio station in January 2015. “I was playing football and all my best friends were the cheerleaders.”
9. Honestly, who among us wouldn’t make-out with Charlie Puth on national television if given the opportunity? PR stunt or not.
Meghan keeps it real, even when she’s not keeping it all the way real.
11. Seriously, how cute was her acceptance speech? Real girl. Real tears. Real talent.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀