1. Meghan Trainor is a songwriter first, pop star second.
She planned to make a living writing for other artists until L.A. Reid heard the demo for “All About That Bass” and insisted she release it herself. The legendary record executive saw star potential that Meghan didn’t see in herself.
2. She co-wrote every song on her debut album, Title.
8. She has always done her own thing: In high school, she played football for three years.
“I had two brothers, I was a tomboy,” Meghan explained to a radio station in January 2015. “I was playing football and all my best friends were the cheerleaders.”
9. Honestly, who among us wouldn’t make-out with Charlie Puth on national television if given the opportunity? PR stunt or not.
Meghan keeps it real, even when she’s not keeping it all the way real.
11. Seriously, how cute was her acceptance speech? Real girl. Real tears. Real talent.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳 ⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲