1. The magical Kingdom of Arendelle in "Frozen" was based on Norway.
After scouting numerous Nordic locations, Frozen's art director, Mike Giaimo said of choosing Norway, "It feels like a world from a classic Disney film, but it’s completely new.”
3. Norway is officially known as The Kingdom of Norway. No joke.
Yes, just like the The Magic Kingdom.
5. Half of the schools and homes in Norway's capital are heated by burning garbage to generate electricity.
It's eco-friendly, and Oslo predicts they'll be able to cut their city's carbon dioxide emissions in half within 20 years.
8. Norway's government hired an in-house philosopher to ensure the country's money is being used morally.
12. During the summer months, the sun literally does not set.
13. So you can run a marathon at midnight, in broad daylight.
15. Norway is home to the most regal Ruff, a small bird that looks like a tiny Queen Elizabeth I.