16 Rom-Com Moments That Were So Random, They Almost Ruined The Movies Entirely
The "Does Your Mother Know?" scene from Mamma Mia! was unnecessary.
1. In When Harry Met Sally..., when Sally went completely out of character and faked an orgasm in front of a bunch of strangers at Katz's Deli.
2. In To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You, when Lara Jean floated down the hallway while lip-synching "Moral of the Story."
3. And at the end of the movie, when Lara Jean and Peter K. made out while somehow flying off into the sky.
4. In Love Actually, when a married Juliet kissed Mark in the middle of the street after he confessed his love for her.
5. In Mean Girls, when Regina George got hit by a school bus out of absolutely nowhere.
6. In 13 Going on 30, when an older Jenna flirted with the pre-teen at the restaurant, which was a verrry problematic way to show she was still 13 years old.
7. In Mamma Mia!, when Tanya serenaded Pepper (Sky's best man) with "Does Your Mother Know?" on the beach in the most uncomfortable way.
8. In My Best Friend's Wedding, when Jules took Michael and Kimmy to some random karaoke bar and shared a very musical moment, despite it being a rom-com.
9. In Booksmart, when Miss Fine crashed Nick's party and drank and had sex with her student, Theo.
10. In Grease, when Sandy and Danny randomly flew off in their red car into the sky.
11. In 10 Things I Hate About You, when Kat flashed her soccer coach to get Patrick out of detention.
12. In Legally Blonde, when Elle taught Paulette and the rest of the customers at the salon the "Bend and Snap" technique to get a man's attention.
13. In Sex and the City, when Steve cheated on Miranda instead of talking to her about their problems, which was completely out of character for him.
14. In Notting Hill, when they showed that super cringeworthy montage of Anna and Will's "happy ending."
15. In Love Actually, when Colin's storyline of traveling to America didn't really add any depth or romance like the rest of the stories in the movie did.
16. And in Crazy, Stupid, Love, when Jessica gave nude pictures to the pre-teen she babysat as a graduation gift.
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.