33 Gifts That Even Incredibly Picky People Will Actually Love
Yes, even the person who has yet to actually like or use a gift you've given them.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
2. A luxe and classic sweets and snacks gift basket capable of satisfying every craving, with goodies ranging from nuts to caramels to lemon wafers to drizzled popcorn to dried fruit.
3. Some super-warm and cozy socks, because that's what Dumbledore wanted for Christmas and he's probably really hard to shop for.
4. A gorgeous and affordable cheese board complete with four stainless-steel cheese knives that they'll think cost you a heck of a lot more cheddar than it did.
5. A velvety throw blanket that'll melt even the pickiest friends (and pickiest doggos) into cozy piles of mush.
6. A super-personal Birthdate Candle with a label featuring an in-depth horoscope, character reading, and tarot cards and a scent customized just for their date of birth. Even if they're not super into astrology, they'll be amazed by this special, personal gift.
It's from an Asian-owned small business!
Promising review: "Out of luck this popped up for me on TikTok right when I was looking for a present for my best friend — and let me tell you it's the best present I have ever gotten her!!!! She loves it so much and every time she tells me it's literally her favorite scent in the whole world I get so happy! She's a very specific person with her scents haha, so I was a little nervous to get it, but from the description and having trust in the horoscopes, I knew they'd know what was perfect. So happy I got it and I can't wait to order more for my loved ones!! The horoscope was also on point!!" —Camila D.
Shipping: Ground, two-day, and next-day shipping offered.
Get it from Birthdate Co. for $38 (available in 365 days).
7. The Squatty Potty, because everyone poops and would appreciate something that makes that a little easier.
8. A crowd-pleasing game you can play together, like Bananagrams, a slightly addictive word game with tons of variations so you'll never get bored.
9. And a set of collapsible metal straws with comfy silicone tips that they can keep in their bag to help them stay eco-friendly when they drink said liquids on the go.
10. Beautiful, opalescent studs featuring major sparkle and a mini price tag that are simple yet different from what anyone else will have. They're simply ~ear~resistable.
11. A brightly hued instant camera that'll make them the life of any party (not to mention help them channel 1989-era T. Swift).
12. A merry and bright gift box of 12 buttercream-frosted holiday cookies to bring a smile to anyone's face and taste buds.
13. A chic and timeless checked scarf they can rock in countless ways, no matter their style. Just ask the over 1,000 folks who've left positive reviews!
14. A pretty deck of happy hour conversation starter cards with prompts designed to go a bit deeper than the average icebreaker to really tap into their friends' and fam's memories, dreams, and values.
15. A sleek and stylish neoprene duffel bag perfect for workouts, weekend getaways, and all the other adventures they have planned for 2022.
16. A donation to refugees from the kind and creative Choose Love store — it allows you to "purchase" an item or service that will then be delivered to a family in need. Once you order, you'll be emailed a link to a downloadable gift card to give your loved one to let them know the awesome thing you did in their name!
17. A regal mirrored bar cart sure to (literally and figuratively) ~reflect~ their awesome taste in booze and decor in the rest of their home.
18. Sleek and minimal monochrome, fine-tip gel pens with the ~write~ stuff (I'm talking cute packaging and a fun-but-practical appeal) to be the perfect stocking stuffer for everyone on your list.
Promising review: "Initially just bought these pens for the look; however, once I got them, I was impressed with how nicely they write. I had bought another pack of $20 pens that I got just for function, and I think these ones write just as nicely. These definitely feel like a good value — both cute and actually work well." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of five from Amazon for $6.98 (available in seven color combinations).
19. An amazingly resilient (and affordable) waterproof Bluetooth speaker that simply can't be ~beat~ for use in the shower, on outdoor adventures, or pretty much anywhere.
20. An 23andMe DNA kit to help them discover their roots and maybe even a story worthy of their own TLC show — who knows?
21. A sophisticated glass etched with a map of their hometown, because if they drink liquids and are from a place, then they're sure to love these.
22. Classy and classic cable-knit cashmere gloves they'll be so grateful to have this winter. They (and their formerly freezing fingers) will thank you profusely.
23. A cute, curated box to get anyone ready to ring in the new year in style. It features a cypress and fir soy candle, champagne sweet and crackly popcorn, a toffee milk chocolate bar, and a card of your choice all in a (202)2-adorable-for-words plaid box.
24. A classic Kate Spade bangle with a sweet little inscription (it reads "heart of gold" on the inside) that will go with everything and is sure to become one of the most treasured pieces in their jewelry box.
25. A professional-looking genealogy chart that'll make a fascinating project for anyone, but especially older family members who can fill this in instead of just telling you stories about about your Great-Great-Grandpa Steve for the hundredth time.
27. A classic cardi with cool buttons that'll make layering a snap all season long — especially for folks whose temperature fluctuates more than the public opinion of the Kardashians.
29. A "Pot It Yourself" succulent kit equally wonderful for experienced plant parents and novices — and even tough-to-shop-for older kids and teens. Basically, anyone who could use a couple low-effort cuties to care for in 2022. 💚✨
30. A gorgeous bouquet of flowers from The Bouqs Company, which can deliver sustainably grown gorgeousness as quickly as the next day.
31. A double-sided laptop-cleaning brush perfect for anyone who 1) owns a computer and 2) believes practical stocking stuffers are the best stocking stuffers.
32. A set of gold-trimmed agate coasters sure to score them compliments while keeping their precious coffee table looking its best. Yup, these ~rock~.
Promising review: "Stunning. I got these coasters for a friend as a thank you gift. They were absolutely beautiful in person. The gold rubber rim made these look so expensive. The colors were vibrant and are well shown in the product photos. The coasters came with little adhesive rubber feet which was a bonus." —Jason Herrera
Get a set of four from Amazon for $42.99.
33. And finally, a donation in their name to a cause close to their picky picky picky but very kind heart.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.