1. Reese Witherspoon
Early Friday morning, Reese Witherspoon and her husband, Jim Toth, were arrested after Toth’s car was seen weaving in and out of lanes. Witherspoon reportedly asked the police officers on the scene if they knew her name/who she was; she has since apologized.
6. Senator David Vitter
In 2009, Louisiana Senator (and occasional prostitute enthusiast) David Vitter reportedly insinuated that airline workers might not know he was, and that’s probably why they weren’t letting him board his flight when he arrived after the gate had closed.
8. General Edwin H. Stoughton
Edwin H. Stoughton was a brigadier general for the Union during the Civil War who, according to Wikipedia, yelled “Do you know who I am?” at a Confederate officer, John S. Mosby, who slapped Stoughton on the butt to wake him up (!) just prior to capturing him (!!) in a raid on Union territory in 1863. Cruelly, Wikipedia adds, “Apparently, Edwin H. Stoughton was not popular with the officers and men of the brigade, and few mourned his loss.”
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷