1. This is Reese Witherspoon and her husband Jim Toth on a normal day.
2. And this is Reese Witherspoon and her husband Jim Toth this past Saturday night.
3. And this was the headline on TMZ hours after those mug shots were taken.
OMG! The arrests went down as follows, according to TMZ,
The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth’s car — a silver Ford Fusion — weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.
As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, “Do you know my name?” The officer answered by saying, “No, I don’t need to know your name.”
Witherspoon then came back with, “You’re about to find out who I am … You are going to be on national news.”
5. Wow. But perhaps we should take some advice from Elle Woods:
6. Last night, Reese released a statement:
Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior.
7. Well, good luck with your public apology tour, Reese.
8. Just remember that we’re never going to forget your mug shot, though!
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›