1. It sure is raining.
2. "The Perfect Storm"
3. It's never a good thing when this happens.
4. Owen has to say goodbye to Ethan.
5. Cristina tells Owen that she is onto him with the kid thing.
6. Cristina finds out Meredith is in labor and goes to her.
7. Bailey, meanwhile, still hasn't been able to operate.
8. The lights keep flickering. The electrician, Frank, tells them not to worry.
9. Chekhov's gun.
10. Arizona is a cheater!
11. In the NICU, things start to get wonky.
12. Meredith's OB, played by Lisa Gay Hamilton, tells her she needs a C-section.
13. The power then goes out for good.
14. The chief is operating on the patient Bailey bailed on.
The man needs open-heart surgery, which calls for Cristina. The chief takes some time to yell at Frank, the electrician. Who then goes down into the basement to try to fix the problem.
15. The batteries in the NICU ventilators have started to die.
16. In the first of many inspiring speeches, the chief convinces Cristina to perform open-heart surgery by flashlight.
17. A bus crashes in the parking lot.
18. Jackson (Jesse Williams) goes into the bus, even though that is crazy.
19. Meredith is having the C-section.
20. The nameless boy baby is born.
21. Meredith is happy-crying.
22. Arizona confesses her cheating ways to Karev.
23. Speaking of speeches, the chief gives another good one.
24. Of course it works.
25. The ER is overrun from the bus crash.
But Bailey still can't get it together to help, and keeps doing mundane tasks.
26. Meredith is bleeding internally from having fallen in the previous episode.
27. Neither are the parents in the NICU.
28. Jo (Camilla Luddington) instructs the parents how to bag their own babies.
29. Karev really loves Jo.
30. It's Meredith's spleen that's bleeding.
Meredith tells Ross she's going to pass out. She tells Ross he can do it. And "if I arrest for more than nine minutes, you've got to let me go." He doesn't answer. "Dr. Ross, your superior is asking you to respond!" He agrees. "Tell Derek I know the baby's name. It's —" And she passes out. (Crying hard here — me, that is.)
31. "You made me a better doctor tonight, Dr. Webber. Thank you."
32. An intern tells Bailey that Meredith is in bad shape.
If Bailey is going to recover, it has to be now.
33. Jackson finds a scared little girl on the bus.
I wish I cared about this bus, but I don't really.
34. Ross tells Bailey he can't control Meredith's bleeding.
35. The bus explodes.
36. Cristina goes to get Derek. They run to Meredith together.
37. Jackson is fine; the little girl is fine.
38. The chief has gone to search for Frank in the basement.
He finds him. And tries to revive him (which he does successfully).
39. Kepner physically attacks Jackson because she was so scared he had died.
40. Cristina and Derek wait for Meredith to come out of surgery.
41. Bailey has saved Meredith.
42. Frank tells the chief he fixed the problem.
43. Arizona tells Peyton from One Tree Hill she made a mistake by sleeping with her.
44. Then Callie walks up to them.
The lights come back on. Callie sees Arizona's ring on Peyton from One Tree Hill's scrubs — Chekhov's gun! She knows.
45. Karev tells Jo that he loves her.
46. Kepner tells Jackson she wants him.
Jackson reminds Kepner she is engaged. She tells him to give her a reason not to be engaged.