21 Misunderstood Movie Villains Who Don't Deserve To Be Hated
If this is the definition of being bad, then who is actually good?
1. Severus Snape from Harry Potter
2. Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad
3. Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty
4. Mother Gothel from Tangled
5. Bane from The Dark Knight Rises
6. Anastasia from Cinderella
7. The Joker from The Dark Knight
8. Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter
"He was only following in his father’s footsteps, but as the series went on, you got the feeling that he was doing so because he feared for his mother’s life."
9. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
10. Melinda from Acrimony
11. Kylo Ren from Star Wars
"He wasn't evil for the sake of 'being evil.' He had been manipulated and mentally abused by Snoke, literally from inside the womb. Also, with his uncle trying to kill him, you can understand why he unraveled."
12. Roy Batty from Blade Runner
13. Thanos from The Avengers
14. Tai Long from Kung Fu Panda
15. Loki from Thor
16. Magneto from X-Men
17. Ursula from The Little Mermaid
"She offered legs via contract, which Ariel broke. Ursula wanted respect and their agreement to be fulfilled."
18. Javert from Les Miserables
19. Scar from The Lion King
"Also, Scar's original name, Taka, means 'trash' in Swahili. His parents named him 'trash.'"
20. Ultron from The Avengers: Age of Ultron
21. And Commodus from Gladiator
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.