52 Awesome Clothing And Shoe Hacks To Save You So Much Money
Bookmark this immediately.
1. Spray your sweaty clothes with lemon juice and water before you wash them to reduce potential sweat marks and discoloration.
2. Get a stuck zipper unstuck by rubbing some crayon on both sides of the zipper.
3. If your stiff leather jacket isn't to your liking, you can loosen it up by getting it wet and stretching in it a bit.
4. Reduce drying time by wrapping your wet clothing items in a towel and then squeeeezing them.
5. Never lose another effing sock again: Wash your socks in a lingerie bag.
6. Pssst...you can also use lingerie bags to wash stuffed animals.
7. Rethread a hoodie string that's gone rogue by stapling the string to a straw and pulling it through.
9. You can un-shrink a sweater by soaking it in warm water and hair conditioner for a few minutes.
10. Invest in a lint and fuzz remover to keep your sweaters looking like new.
12. Got a salad spinner? Use it to dry hand-washed clothes. It'll save you tons of time.
13. To prevent an angora sweater from shedding all over the damn place, place it in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer for three hours.
Shake it after you take it out of the bag to remove excess hair.
14. Here's an easy way to keep your dark-wash denim actually dark: Add vinegar.
15. Skip the softener but use a little lavender essential oil in your laundry for the best-smelling clothes ever.
16. So you sat in some gum. NBD! Get it out by freezing it and then scraping it off with a butter knife.
17. You probably already know how great clear nail polish is at stopping runs in tights, but it's also great at preventing loose buttons from falling off. Just slather a tiny amount on your loose button threads.
18. Get rid of gross thrift store smell with distilled white vinegar!
19. If you don't have an iron (or don't feel like firing yours up) here are some other methods of getting the wrinkles out of your clothes.
20. If you need to quickly repair a flip flop, drop a tiny bit of water in some super glue. It'll help the glue dry more quickly.
22. If you ain't got time for that, simply use a really strong rubberband!
23. Give your ironed clothes a minute or two for the heat of the iron to set in before putting them on.
28. Stumped on how to remove weird stains from your shirt? Let this chart help:
29. To get out annoying ink stains, spray hairspray or hand sanitizer on the spot and then wait 10 minutes.
30. Got grass stains? Try 1 tablespoon dish soap and 2 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide.
31. Acrylic paint can be removed with a little rubbing alcohol and elbow grease. See how to do it here.
32. The most tried and true ways to get red wine out of a shirt are to apply salt or club soda to the spot.
34. You might just wanna keep this chart handy.
35. And this one, too.
36. Bread ALSO removes dirt stains from suede shoes.
37. The best hack for horrible heels? Tape your third and forth toes together to help your achin' feet.
40. Use a bike repair kit to fix holes in your shoes.
Rubber is rubber, after all. Here's how to do it.
41. Keep your boots lookin' good by using pool noodles to keep them upright.
42. To stretch out a pair of too-small leather shoes, put 'em on with a pair of extra thick socks and blast the blow dryer on them.
43. Ever lose the tip of your heel? Carry a pair of Quick Tips with you at all times to repair busted tips.
45. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are pretty much game-changers and are great at getting tons of gunk and dirt off your sneakers.
Give 'em a try — you can buy an 8-pack for $6.99.