6. Pssst…you can also use lingerie bags to wash stuffed animals.
12. Got a salad spinner? Use it to dry hand-washed clothes. It’ll save you tons of time.
13. To prevent an angora sweater from shedding all over the damn place, place it in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer for three hours.
Shake it after you take it out of the bag to remove excess hair.
15. Skip the softener but use a little lavender essential oil in your laundry for the best-smelling clothes ever.
Simply add 12 to 15 drops of the stuff to your liquid detergent and mix, before adding to your machine. Here’s more on how to do it. And if you don’t love lavender, feel free to use another essential oil!
17. You probably already know how great clear nail polish is at stopping runs in tights, but it’s also great at preventing loose buttons from falling off. Just slather a tiny amount on your loose button threads.
23. Give your ironed clothes a minute or two for the heat of the iron to set in before putting them on.
27. If the oil stain’s already set in, you can try a mix of WD-40 and baking soda. Find out how here.
34. You might just wanna keep this chart handy.
40. Use a bike repair kit to fix holes in your shoes.
Rubber is rubber, after all. Here’s how to do it.
42. To stretch out a pair of too-small leather shoes, put ‘em on with a pair of extra thick socks and blast the blow dryer on them.
45. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are pretty much game-changers and are great at getting tons of gunk and dirt off your sneakers.
Give ‘em a try — you can buy an 8-pack for $6.99.