1. Oscar The Grouch Was Orange In Season One
But the color was changed to green because the early cameras couldn’t capture the color correctly.
2. Kermit The Frog Was On Sesame Street For Many Years
Many people forget that before The Muppet Show, Kermit was one of the main players on Sesame Street.
3. Elmo Is The Only Puppet To Testify Before Congress
He testified before the Education Appropriations Subcommittee in 2002 to argue for more funding for music research and musical instruments for school programs.
4. James Earl Jones Was The First Celebrity Guest On Sesame Street
He simply counted and said the alphabet.
5. Big Bird is 8’2” Tall
Or 7 inches taller than the tallest NBA player in history (George Mureşan and Manute Bol were each 7’7”).
6. The South African Version Of Sesame Street Has An HIV-Positive Muppet Named Kami
The American version of the show considered having one as well, but as of now has not done so.
7. Roosevelt Franklin Was A Popular Early Character, But Was Discontinued
Some felt he was a negative African-American stereotype.
8. “Sing A Song” Was Originally Going To Be The Show’s Theme Song
Before they settled on “Can You Tell Me How To Get To Sesame Street” theme.
9. Cookie Monster’s Real Name Is Sid
He revealed it in 2004.
10. Sesame Street Was Once Sued For $5.5 Million Over Their “Let It Be” Parody “Letter B”
They weren’t sued by The Beatles, but by Michael Jackson’s music library that had bought the rights to the song. The case was eventually settled for $500.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court next week.
- Lyft has started testing a shuttle service in San Francisco and Chicago.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year.