1. An ozone-free, three-stage filtration system Levoit air-purifier that circulates air over four times per hour and runs ultra-silent for letting sleeping dogs, cats, and humans lie. Covers an area of 129 square feet.
2. A virtually silent, six-stage filtration PurOxygen P500 Air Purifier with UV light sanitizer (especially helpful for people with compromised immune systems, asthma, or allergies) and air quality and filter health indication on its touch screen control. Covers up to 550 square feet!
3. A three-stage filtration Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier with machine washable pre-filters for larger rooms (and large pets) thanks to its 540-square-foot coverage area.
4. A five-stage filtration Renpho air purifier for medium-size spaces (301 square feet coverage) with a smart air quality monitor that changes colors and fan speeds based on what it senses, like pets who are extra stinky.
5. A three-stage filtration Airthereal air purifier with smart controls for automatically measuring air quality as well as a filter change alert, because your pets certainly aren't going to tell you when to clean the thing. Ideal for medium rooms with 355 square foot of coverage.
6. A compact Holmes air purifier for smaller spaces (109 square feet of coverage) which can be placed vertically or horizontally anywhere from a table, desktop, shelf, or nook right next to wherever your furry ones sleep.
7. A five-in-one, ozone-safe Hathaspace Smart True HEPA air purifier to automatically measure air quality and replace that air twice an hour in medium-size (350 square feet) areas.
8. A remote-controlled, three-stage filtration Winix air purifier with a washable carbon filter, smart sensors, and auto mode to gauge and filter air as needed in medium to large space (up to 360 square feet) at a rate of five times per hour.
9. An ozone-free, three-stage filtration Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 air purifier with a built-in UV-C light for destroying illness-causing microorganisms and creating a deeper level of air sanitation in 200-square-foot spaces.
10. A four-stage filtration Coway Air purifier with an eco mode for energy saving and filter replacement indicator for forgetful pet owners that communicates indoor air quality in real-time for medium-size (361 square feet) spaces.
11. A Blueair Blue Pure 411+ air purifier with six washable, pre-filter color options ("Dark Shadow" included), because even though the silent filtration system makes less noise, you still want it to look loud. Filters 161-185 square feet every 12 minutes.
12. An ozone-free Veva Elite Pro Series air purifier, which can be changed from a tower air purifier to a tabletop air purifier by removing the base. Requires a filter change every 6 -12 months (depending on usage for a 325 square feet area).
13. A Honeywell air purifier for large spaces (465 square feet) circulating air up to five times an hour. Big time bonus: comes with a five-year warranty!
14. An Alen air purifier to handle huge spaces (700 square feet) like extra-large bedrooms, livings rooms, offices, kitchen, and basements, filtering fresh air every 30 minutes while weighing under 15 pounds.
15. A boxy but energy-efficient Coway Airmega 150 HEPA air purifier for cutting down on pollen, pollutants, and other allergens no matter where you four-legged friend wanders around the home.
16. A Hisense air purifier that lights up like an alien aircraft so there's no way you can easily ignore the air quality. Mix some essential oils (not included) with some water to add a nice fragrance to all that fresh airflow.
17. A lightweight, portable, and battery-powered Pure Enrichment mini air purifier reviewers love for small spaces like offices and cars, since so many fur babies are eager to hit the open road (and leave fur and dander all over your backseat).
Promising review: "We were going on a family trip and had a friend coming with us. He was allergic to dogs and we were taking our dog with us. The trip was a 10 hour trip and we were concerned about our friend traveling in a tight space with the pet. We ordered this one item hoping it would make his trip easier. This worked like a charm! No swollen eyes, no sneezing! Would definitely purchase this again." –Jamie Manicure
Replace filter cost: $9.99
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in five colors).
FYI, we've got you covered with plenty of other recommendations for practical and useful car accessories.
18. A Germ Guardian air purifier, aptly named for its ability to fend your home from allergens and toxins with its H13 HEPA filter and germ-killing UV-C light. Bonus points: it also tackles yucky odors and can cover up to 915 square feet!
Filters dander, dust, pollen, smoke, odors, mold, and other germs.
Promising review: "Within six hours of turning this on, I could take a deep breath without my sinuses feeling stuffy for the first time in so many years. This and a better floor cleaner have reduced the dust in my home by more than 80%! That's with four shedding animals. My apartment is closer to 1,000 sq ft so I do plan to get a second small filter for my bedroom, but this does a great job. I work in Healthcare and this is comparable the purifiers we use in the medical setting." –Jacqueline R.
Replacement filter cost: $34.99
Get it from Amazon for $149.99.
19. A Bissell Air320 Smart Air Purifier with fabric, H13 HEPA, and activated carbon filters here to make your living space (up to 1,770 square feet of it) more breathable in a stylish way. It kind of looks like a guitar amp and TBH, "Activated Carbon" would be a pretty killer metal band name.
Filters dust, pet dander, pollen, smoke, and other allergens and irritants.
Promising reviews: "I purchased an air purifier because at the time I had three cats. My apartment has three windows, so not much ventilation. I was waking up with a stuffy nose almost every morning. The purifier has eliminated that. The noise level goes up as you increase the level. When set on auto mode you can’t hear it at all." –love music
"It’s pretty to look at, sure, but I have three dogs that create a lot of dust and horrible tree pollen allergies to boot. This thing helps SIGNIFICANTLY – and when it’s not on max blast you can hardly hear it." –Amazon Customer
Replacement filter cost: $59.99
Get it from Amazon for $279.89+ (available in bundles with replacement filters).
20. A Dyson Cool Link air purifier you can pair with an app to monitor indoor *and* outdoor air quality, create schedules, and generally personalize air purification for your home life. How magical! 😍
Promising review: "I bought this fan during Black Friday 2020 and it was one of the best purchases I've made. It has great setting features that provides options on how I want my fan to operate. It gives me the option to run it on a weekly/weekend schedule, so I never have to turn it on or off every day. The best feature is the app. It is so user friendly and such great quality. I'm glad I made this purchase. I am a Dyson fan for life." –tvickers
Replacement filter cost: $69.99
Get it from Dyson for $299.99 (originally $499.99; available in three colors).
21. A splurge-worthy Molekule mini air purifier whose aesthetically pleasing exterior won't stick out like a sore thumb in your living space. Plus, it covers up to 250 square feet and uses nanotechnology to kiss bacteria, viruses, allergens, and mold buh-bye!
Promising review: "We love this purifier so far! Breathing clean air is so important now more than ever. I’m feeling much more confident about the air in our home since we’ve started using the Molekule Air Mini+ air purifier in our living room, where we spend most of our time together as a family. I love that instead of just trapping the pollutants, it actually destroys them. It was so easy to set up, runs quietly and looks beautiful in our home. I’m very happy with this purifier, it’s a must have for those with allergies and pets!" –Stephanie
Replacement filter cost: $89.99
Get it from Amazon for $499.99.
You can also find this Molekule purifier in our roundup of the best air purifiers (for pet owners and otherwise).
Sniff, sniff. What's the odor? Smells like a fresh, clean, dander-free home for you (and your pets).
Reviews for this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.