If you're bored of getting drinks or the classic dinner-and-movie date, we feel you. Dates should be exciting! And a great opportunity to get to know the other person. Still, coming up with creative date ideas can be tough — especially in this economy. So we rounded up the cutest free date ideas that won't cost you a cent.
1. Attempt to set a Guinness World Record.
2. Camp overnight in your backyard.
4. Take a free class at your library or community center in something neither of you are good at.
5. Feed ducks at your local park. Give them names and try to remember them later.
6. Play farmers market ABCs: See who can find something that starts with every letter of the alphabet first. Try lots of free samples.
7. Go to a free night at a local museum.
8. Make a museum scavenger hunt.
9. Volunteer at The Humane Society. Leave your money at home to avoid "accidentally" coming home with three new pets.
11. Play strip chess.
12. If you're not ~there~ yet (or have children nearby), play the opposite of strip chess — each time you lose, put ON an article of clothing until you can barely move.
13. Have a sand castle-building contest. Get strangers to vote.
14. Play people-watching bingo in the busiest place you know.
15. Stream a virtual concert from the comfort of your couch.
16. Get dressed up and go on tours of expensive homes for sale in your neighborhood.
17. Build a blanket fort. Spend the whole night there.
18. Have an at-home karaoke night. Pick songs for each other instead of yourselves.
19. Go ghost hunting.
20. Play strip Cards Against Humanity.
21. Make your own custom Cards Against Humanity deck.
22. Invent new constellations named after inside jokes.
23. Then make one of these.
24. Learn to give great massages.
25. Run through the sprinklers or jump in a fountain (Warning: The latter is illegal in many places. Make it quick.)
26. Do an at-home wine tasting with bottles you've never tried before.
27. Have a library or bookstore scavenger hunt.
28. Have an impromptu yard sale.
29. Have an eBay contest: List similar items and see who can make the most money with their description and sales skills. (Then actually mail the item.)
30. Make a relationship time capsule.
31. Go on a tour of your local Masonic Lodge, then watch National Treasure.
32. Try geocaching.
33. Indulge in an ice cream sundae bar with all of the best toppings.
33. Have an entire meal of Costco samples.
34. Swap to-do lists.
35. Take a free DIY class at Home Depot or Lowe's.
36. Create your own drive-in and have a themed movie night.
37. Play six degrees of Wikipedia.
38. Play dirty Truth or Dare.
39. Test drive your dream car.
40. Have a Chopped competition to see who can make the best dish out of whatever you already have in the fridge.
41. Pick out your favorite cheeses and make your own custom charcuterie boards.
41. Make homemade slingshots. Then have a marshmallow fight.
42. Take your laptop somewhere and have a DIY outdoor movie screening.
43. Have a sweepstakes night where you both enter as many free sweepstakes as you can find.
44. Play strip Scrabble.
45. Play nonsense Scrabble, where you play using fake words and have to make up definitions for them.
46. Make a dictionary of your fake words to use later.
47. Follow YouTube videos to learn cooking skills that neither of you know: how to make crepes, how to poach an egg, etc.
48. Offer to babysit or petsit for a friend.
49. Create a new holiday. Have rules, traditions, and meals. Mark the day and celebrate it every year.
50. Pick a random place and plan a whole detailed vacation.
51. Go on a "fakecation" and post the pictures to Facebook.
52. Test the limits of your compatibility in an escape room.
53. Feast your eyes — and stomachs — at a food truck festival.
52. Invent your own fantasy league (i.e., Masterchef Junior fantasy league. )
53. Make your own pizzas from scratch.
54. Challenge yourself and work on a puzzle.
55. Actually finish an entire Monopoly game.
56 Record the story of how you met for posterity à la When Harry Met Sally.
57. Binge-watch a series you've had on your list or rewatch on you love.
58. Make a game of love on your sheets.
59. Read your poem at a local coffee shop open mic night.
60. Have a TV marathon that doubles as a workout session.
61. Make out. For a really long time. Preferably in a blanket fort.
62. Have a whimsical, indoor picnic.
63. Go eye bombing. If you don't have googly eyes, use paper cutouts.
64. Play a horror film drinking game.
65. Plan out a craft night.
66. Pretend to be tourists in the next town over from yours. Break out the fanny pack.
67. Learn a magic trick together.
68. Find a dog that looks like everyone you know.
69. Watch your favorite TV show or movie under the stars.
70. Indulge your sweet tooth on a chocolate factory tour.
71. Stargaze from the comfort of a cushioned seat at a planetarium.
72.Have a Jim vs. Dwight prank contest.
73. Watch the arrivals at the airport, Love Actually style.
74. Make your own glamour shots studio. Pick each other's outfits. Don't forget Vaseline on the lens.
75. Go to an amusement park.
This article contains content from Jessica Probus, Terri Pous, and Michele Bird. It was compiled by Salimah McCullough.