4. This 12-year-old girl took a picture of herself with an (unopened) alcohol bottle from her father’s bar and posted it to Facebook with the caption, “Wish I could drink this vodka.” Her mom made her pose with this sign and posted the shot to her daughter’s Instagram account.
6. Thirteen-year-old Brandon Mathison’s mom dropped him off at a busy intersection in their South Carolina town wearing a sandwich board reading, “Smoked pot, got caught.” “Timeouts and taking things away just doesn’t work any more,” his mom said. “Sometimes a little public humility is what they need nowadays to get a point across. If this works for him and maybe saves one or two other students from thinking about picking this stuff up, then I feel like I’ve done my job as a parent.”
11. Fifteen-year-old James Mond III’s punishment for doing poorly in school? Standing on a Tampa Bay street corner wearing this sign, as written by his mom: “My name is James W. Mond III. I did 4 questions on my FCAT test and said I wasn’t going to do it! GPA 1.222. Honk if I need [an] education.”
13. Miami teen Michael Bell Jr.’s parents confined him to a busy intersection wearing an incriminating sandwich board after he brought home failing grades. “Hey, I want to be a class clown. Is it wrong?” read the front of the sign, while the back read, “I’m in the 7th grade and got 3 F’s. Blow your horn if there’s something wrong with that.”
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳