23 Useful Things That'll Help You Cut Down On Your Cooking Time
Who wants to sit around waiting for food to be ready when you're hangry?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. These microwaveable potato cooker bags for when you just want a mouthwatering baked potato but don't want to wait to pre-heat your oven then cook the potatoes in there for 20+ minutes. Now you can use the time you save to daydream about the toppings you'll want on your potato — sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives. 😍
2. A pair of onion goggles that'll help block your eyes from the pungent, tear-inducing smell of onions so you can actually slice 'em all in one go instead of walking away every 30 seconds to take a break to cry.
3. This One & Done Seasoning so you don't have to take the extra time to dig through your messy cupboard looking for the cayenne and coriander for the steaks you're about to make.
4. A microwave rice cooker that steams rice, polenta, and couscous with ease in just 15 minutes so you're never left with rice that's too hard or too soft.
5. An immersion blender to whip up chunk-free smoothies, soups, sauces, batters, and daiquiris faster than you can say "butternut squash."
6. This breakfast-sandwich maker because once your sibling smells the bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich you're making for yourself, they'll certainly want one too and this gadget'll help you put another one together in, like, five minutes.
7. An Instant Pot that's pretty much a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a sauté-r, a yogurt maker, and a warmer all in ONE. It does all that all while preparing your food up to 70% faster than other methods.
8. This rapid egg cooker to, well, rapidly boil up to six eggs at a time. Whether you're making breakfast for one or egg salad for the fam, you'll be able to enjoy it so much faster.
9. A veggie spiralizer for making "vegetable pasta" with just the turn of a handle — no fancy, time-consuming knife tricks needed.
10. Or this handheld veggie spiralizer you can use with ease if you've ever sharpened a pencil before. You'll get perfect noodles with (literally) just the turn of a wrist.
11. A microwave pasta maker that'll make it super easy to get a big bowl of carby deliciousness without having to wait for the water to boil before you can dump your noods in the pot to cook.
12. This five-section nonstick skillet so you can cook all the different components of your meal at the same time instead of waiting for one element to finish cooking before moving onto the next.
13. A shredder claw set because preparing droolworthy pulled pork and chicken dishes with these babies is WAY faster than barely ripping apart smaller pieces with a dainty fork.
14. These five-blade herb scissors so you can ditch the cutting board and quickly snip through your herbs.
15. A veggie dicer bound to have your bowl *overflowing* with perfectly chopped produce in, like, 10 minutes.
16. This microwave veggie steamer that'll give you perfectly cooked veggies in about six minutes — you won't have to wait for the water to boil, cook the veggies, and strain the whole pot. It has a two-cup capacity, so you can actually make a good helping or two.
17. A corn peeler to make easy work out of de-cobbing your corn. It's faster AND safer than using a knife!
18. This apple slicer because it'll cut down on the amount of time it takes to fully slice a whole apple so your apple pie-making process can be quicker and hassle-free!
19. A garlic twist for getting a perfect mince in a matter of seconds — every minute counts when you have just 40 minutes to prepare a dinner for six.
20. A knife sharpener because chopping up all those veggies for the family dinner is so much faster when you aren't using worn out, blunt blades.
21. This air fryer for whipping up your snack of choice (with just the tiniest bit of oil) in less than 10 minutes.
22. This freezer pod tray so you can cook up a yummy meal ahead of time, save the rest in your freezer for later, and pop out a portion to heat up in the microwave in just minutes.
23. And this manual food chopper because thanks to the sharp edges, you can break up things like ground meats, mashed potatoes, and hard-boiled eggs — and have a delectable dish in minutes.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.