1. Jimmy Fallon returned to host SNL last night and the show had plenty of high moments, but a sketch called “Christmas Past” was not one of them.
11. Plenty of people were disappointed by the cliche-filled sketch.
Loved everything except “What if Scrooge was gay”â€¦ really #SNL? Your 12 year old is showing, and cliche-ing all over my TV. #JIMMYJUSTINSNL
They made Ebineezer Scrooge gay. They made him gay, and that’s why he was a grumpy old fart. Low blow, SNL. Low blow….
Gay Scrooge seems like it should be a Chris Kattan sketch from 15 years ago. It wouldn’t have been funny then either. #SNL
See, Ebenezer Scrooge was gay, which is funny! Right? Wrong. #SNL
skippy the bkroo
#snl going great, then sketch where the only joke is scrooge is gay? thatâ€™s not at all offensive
That stereotypical gay Scrooge sketch really showed SNL’s diversity. They hadn’t made a lazy gay joke since Update!
Is SNL really doing a gay Scrooge skit? #omg #jimmyfallon
I never thought I would see the day where snl made the gay Ebenezer Scrooge skit #yeptheywentthere #weremakingmagic @CStrawpunz
20. Watch the full “Christmas Past” sketch here:
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.